Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Why Mrs. HM Cheats

Here's another example of why Mrs. HM cheats. Parks T-Hoe farther to the right side of a parking space rather than in the center. Especially if there's a nice roomy striped section between her car and the space to her right, big enough to park a whole car.


This was at 10Box on Sunday. I was just running in for my lottery tickets out of the machine. I'm in a handicap space with my placard dangling from the mirror. You can see how I parked with plenty of space on the left side of my parking slot. No car was there at the time I parked, but from experience, I know they don't always stay within the lines.

This little van/SUV hybrid is within its lines. Not really doing anything wrong that should irritate Mrs. HM. But if I had parked in the dead center of my space, or as close to the line as that hybrid, I never would have gotten my door open all the way. I'd have needed to wait until that hybrid left, so I could climb into T-Hoe and get my knees bent far enough to get my legs into the car. Looks like that hybrid might have been parking close to the line before.  I think that's a big scratch on the side.

Anyhoo... I don't care if people think I'm an idiot for parking like this. At least I could get right into T-Hoe and leave when I came out of the store, and I wasn't impeding anybody on my right side.

2 comments:

River said...

As long as you stay within the lines, I don't think anybody cares. You do what you have to do to feel comfortable getting into and out of your car and complainers can go take a long walk off a short pier. I'm happy your knees still alow you to drive!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yeah, complainers have no right to complain, since I'm not impeding anybody's parking rights. My knees are sometimes crotchety, only GRUDGINGLY allowing me to drive! Making it painful to switch from accelerator to brake. But at least I still have that option.