Thursday, March 14, 2024

Knick Knack, Jack Don't Hack, Give HM That Bone

I came rolling home Tuesday afternoon to find my little Jack on the porch have a blast with a bone. Scarlett was trying to be good on the side porch, so I was petting her. For once, Jack didn't run over and hope for some run-over petting, when I reach my arm extra-far across Scarlett's head to give him a pat.

Jack stood at the top of the porch steps, gnawing and dropping a bone. Just a small piece of bone, but quite loud. I thought maybe he had a piece of deer jaw. When I looked closer, that bone was all the way in Jack's tiny mouth, and it was RED! I assumed he had a fresh bone, with some meat or blood on the edge.

As I started up the steps, something about that bone did not look right. I called Jack over. He's quite compliant with me. I reached into his mouth and pulled out the slimy bone.

It wasn't a bone at all!


It was Carl Wheezer, friend of Jimmy Neutron! I didn't know that at first. I just knew that he didn't belong in Jack's mouth. No dog of mine is going to choke to death on Carl Wheezer. I took him inside, washed him off in the sink, dried him, and posed him on top of the paper towel rack. Then I sent a picture to The Pony, who had just gotten home from his dog bite.

"Who is this? He looks familiar. At first I thought it was Rugrat Chuckie, but his hair is different."

"That's Carl. Carl Wheezer. He was on Jimmy Neutron. Genius would know. He loved that show."

I sent Genius the picture on Wednesday. "Caught Jack chewing on Carl Wheezer yesterday."

"LOL. What a random find."

Yes. It was. No idea where Jack found Carl. We never had any of those figures here.

4 comments:

River said...

Maybe Jack travelled all the way down to gravel road and picked up what some kid threw out a car window?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Jack has gone that far before, chasing after Farmer H. I don't know of anyone out here with kids young enough to play with that kind of toy. Anyway, it's been probably 20 years since that cartoon was on TV and had toys out. Maybe Jack dug it up somewhere that a kid buried it long ago.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

A good mystery .... maybe it was among some of Farmer H's speail finds from Goodwill and he dropped it?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Nope. Farmer H had never seen it.