Thursday, March 7, 2024

The Usually Unflappable Farmer H Was Flailing Like A Car Wash Inflatable Tube Man

Nothing much shakes up Farmer H. Other than bossing people around and flipping out if he doesn't get his way, he's a fairly steady guy. Good in a crisis. Calming during a catastrophe.

Tuesday afternoon, Farmer H called me. Get that? CALLED me. Rather than sending a text.

"I just got an email thanking me for my payment! I didn't make any payments! It has an invoice I can click on, but I ain't openin' nothin'. It's from some guy I never heard of. I didn't make any payments. I hope nobody is using my name and getting our money!"

"Don't open anything. Don't worry about it. I've gotten a couple of those a while back. They had a company name instead of a guy's name. It's a scam wanting you to click on something, trying to get more information from you."

"Well. Somebody could have made a payment with our money..."

"Not like this. None of our stuff is under your email. So how would you get a notice? If they used our credit card, we would have gotten a security call. Like when you used it once up by work, when I was using it at the Devil's Playground. The other payment thingy the credit card is linked to sends me an email every time a payment is made. I didn't get one. I'll check our bank transactions to be sure, because it's time to do that anyway. Don't worry about it."

"Yeah. I guess you're right. None of that stuff comes to my email."

There. I talked Farmer H off the ledge.

4 comments:

River said...

I'm glad you managed to talk him off the ledge. Bloody scammers!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
YES! You can't trust anybody these days. I went through the recent transactions in our bank account today, and there was nothing unaccounted for. At least Farmer H knows not to open questionable emails. My mom would have fallen for it.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I get those all the time in my email, but our payments aren't associated to my email, so I just send them to spam. I was like Farmer H at first and would run and wake the sleeping man. He found this annoying, so I still do it occasionally, just for fun.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Heh, heh! An excuse to be annoying!