Saturday, March 23, 2024

The Bull Barges Into The China Shop

Friday evening, Farmer H announced his plans to have a bath in the big triangle tub in the master bathroom. Fine with me. It meant I could get started on my scratchers before starting supper. I made Farmer H a Wild Turkey and Diet Shasta Cola as he requested. I handed it off to him in his recliner as I went to change out of my town clothes and leave the bathroom to him for his soaking time.

Of course Farmer H continued to sit on his rumpus in the recliner for another 10 minutes. Not that I cared, but he was planning to watch a show at 6:00, and it was already 5:25. Running the bath water takes about 15 minutes. Still, not my monkey, not my circus. It was Farmer H's own fault he would miss a special about Dolly Parton starting at 6:00, because he couldn't tear himself away from a 70-year-old Gunsmoke rerun that he'd probably seen five times already.

Anyhoo... I was still putting away some groceries when Farmer H went to run his bath water. He usually gets in and waits for it to fill up to the desired level. Especially when he has a drink to sip. 

My cell phone rang, but said it was likely a scam. I let it go to voice mail. I had just opened that app when here came Farmer H! Of course spouting off about something. I was trying to hear my message. I shushed him, which of course made him talk more. THEN he opened FRIG II and started rummaging. 

I had flat-out asked if he wanted a snack with his drink, and he'd said no. So I can only assume he was digging for that shot he takes every week, jabbing himself in the thigh. It sounded like he was taking out all the crisper drawers and whacking them together. I don't know how one man can make so much noise!

I didn't even turn around, because I'd taken my phone off the charger to hold up to my ear and try to listen. The best I can tell, it was a political call listing candidates and asking who I was likely to vote for. I'd never heard of any of them. The area code for that number was in the city, so maybe it was a local race there. 

I blocked that number on my cell phone. Easier than blocking Farmer H from the kitchen.

2 comments:

River said...

Did he even know the Dolly Parton special was going to be on? and was he planning on taking a snack into the bath with him? In the words of Dr Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory) : 'He's an odd duck isn't he?"

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, he knew. He was sitting in the recliner, and as I walked by to change clothes, I took the remote and put the guide on screen, so he could see the description, and the time it came on. I also showed him a movie that was an hour later. Farmer H said he'd probably watch the Dolly Parton program. THEN, when he joined it in progress after his bath (I had to tell him the channel twice!), he said, "That's just people talking about her." Welp! That was in the description! A show about Dolly's life and career. So of course it's not her performing a concert. It's pictures and clips of her through the years.

Farmer H had already declared that he didn't want a snack. I don't know of anything in FRIG II that would have gone with a drink in the tube. His Little Debbie Zebra Cakes are in there, but don't go with whiskey. So I suppose he was getting that medicine.

YES, Farmer H IS an odd duck!