Friday, March 15, 2024

Just Another Day In Hillmomba

I'd like to say that nothing interesting happened on Thursday. We've had quite a week so far, with The Pony falling and skinning his knee at work, then being bitten by a dog. And my rightful handicap parking spaces being FULL OF HANDICAPPED PEOPLE'S CARS, or blocked by inconsiderate rumpusholes pinning me in. 

Yes. I'd LIKE to say that nothing interesting happened. But that would be a lie.

Unfortunately, I can't reveal all the details. It's a story the basics of which remain to be shared. Perhaps in a month or so. As for now, I can only share that Thursday's incident routed Farmer H from his recliner right after he'd finished his supper and a Little Debbie Zebra Cake for dessert. Sent him to town for 90 minutes. And involved a naked man, a broken cane, a big lie, and the police.

An ti ci paaaaaa tion...

6 comments:

Rae said...

Goodness! It sounds like a bad fiction story. So glad The Pony is okay. Also glad the people who owned the dog had proof of medical updates. Not that I would want anyone to be bit by a dog, but do they still do the series of shots for rabies if the dog wasn't up to date? That would be awful, as if getting bit wouldn't be enough. So, in a way, The Pony was blessed. I know, very sideways interpretation, but I guess it could have been even worse.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Rae,
IF ONLY that was fiction! Eventually, I'll probably tell the story on my not-so-secret blog.

Oh my gosh! I read on Reddit that a postal carrier got the rabies shots, and it cost him $7000! Of course you can't believe everything there, so I just looked up an article today that says it CAN cost that much, or MORE! Here's a link if you're interested:

https://wamu.org/story/22/04/14/dc-rabies-treatment-cost/

So yes, The Pony was "lucky" in this situation. No disfigurement, no loss of function, no DEATH! His mental status is worse than his physical pain. Like PTSD.

River said...

A cliff-hanger?? Oh, how could you leave us in suspense (suspenders/hanging) like this?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Sorry! It was too odd not to mention, yet I don't want to jinx anything prematurely. Mrs. HM walks a fine line. One she crossed just before The Pony became the victim of a canine chomp.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Don't wait too long to tell the story, I am old and curious!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Events are progressing. We just talked about it this morning. Waiting on some documentation. I'll tell it on my other blog when the time is right.