Saturday, March 9, 2024

The Blogger Ate My Homework

Huh. I'm sure I had a post ready to come out at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday. You know Mrs. HM. You can practically set your clock by her. Or at least your calendar. Unless there's a power outage, I put out my drivel on a daily basis. I KNOW I had something not-very-important to say yesterday, and set it to publish before signing out.

The only explanation that comes to mind is my glitchy NEW POST program. It has a terrible habit of updating for me mid-sentence, and erasing complete sentences. Or leaving them, but jumping the cursor to a random paragraph middle. Sometimes a section turns blue, and the next keystroke erases it. At least I've learned to go up to the "undo" arrow, and get it back, as long as I catch it before typing away too much.

This happens on both my blogs. Sometimes when I'm answering comments, too, and there's no "undo" arrow for that. So if I'm longwinded, I will COPY a section before continuing. Just in case.

Anyhoo... I have no idea what was in that post. It must be lolling around in limbo, or up in the CLOUD, sipping a fruity drink and snickering with The Universe.

Setting this one to go back to 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, just for recordkeeping purposes. Talk to you tomorrow. I HOPE!

3 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

It does that to me after I write somethingso clever and then it is suddenly gone and I can't recapture the cleverness. I hate that!

River said...

Oooh! I seethe when the cursor jumps to a random spot! Usually I notice almost right away and then it's cut and paste to the correct place. When whole sections turn blue I've learned to just tap the cursor anywhere else on a blank spot and the blue disappears.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Good to know it's not just ME. But sorry for you loss...of cleverness! At least I figured out the "undo" arrow. Before, a whole post might just disappear, and all I could do was fume.

***
River,
I guess we get what we pay for with BLOGGER, heh, heh. I hate it when I've just put in a picture, and it turns blue! I can usually find a blank spot to tap, but it's harder with a picture.