Tuesday, March 12, 2024

This Is Kind Of Creepy And Unnatural

Remember when Farmer H was getting boxes of FREE food from Ponytail Steve? Boxes that his wife was handing out in another county, to anyone who wanted them, but always had a surplus? So Ponytail Steve asked the guys at the old flea market, and brought the food to them so it wouldn't go to waste.

Anyhoo... that had to be at least two years ago. Maybe three! A few weeks ago, I was trying to make room on the top shelf of FRIG II, and found some cheese. Cheese from Ponytail Steve!!!

I remembered that it was a long time since we got food from Ponytail Steve. I looked for an expiration date, but couldn't fine one. That doesn't mean the cheese is not expired!!!


Sweet Gummi Mary! That is not natural! Cheese should not last that long! I realize that it's not "real" cheese, but a processed cheese. Still. When normal cheese is sometimes moldy before the BEST BY date, I don't trust three-year-old processed cheese. I tossed it in the trash.

The chemicals in it might have made me glow in the dark!

4 comments:

River said...

I would have tossed it too, with no use by date and knowing it had been there for years.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I'm sure it contained more chemicals than food!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I don't trust food that doesn't have an expiration date either! That cheese will still look good in 100 years in a landfill.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yes, and in another 100 years, the cockroaches will be feasting on it after a nuclear war!