Saturday, February 13, 2021

You Know The Droll

Sometimes I try to get a reaction out of The Pony. It's not easy. He's fairly unflappable. Sometimes I can needle him into a passionate argument. Mostly not. It's not for lack of trying. His keel is too even. He needs to learn to sail rough seas.

"Hey, Pony. Did you read the news? Your people might get their own pillow! That Hogg kid from the school shooting is going to start his own pillow company, to compete with the MyPillow guy."

"No. I didn't see anything about that. I don't know him."

"He's from your generation. I guess you guys will call it YOUR Pillow!"

"No no no! It's more like communism. Therefore, it would be called OUR Pillow."
 
That Pony. 
He's good with retorts when he's not fabricating an alibi of his phone locking me out.

5 comments:

River said...

I have no idea what to say to this. Every generation gets its own pillow? What about Tontine pillows which have been around for many generations? I think I need a nap. On my Jasper pillow.

Sioux Roslawski said...

I hope the spokesperson for "Our Pillow" has a better hairstyle than the My Pillow guy.

How about baiting him with the news that a fast food item he likes (breadsticks? a certain pizza topping?) is being discontinued? You're a science teacher (a reTIRED one)... You can come up with a reason why it's being discontinued.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
MyPillow has commercials that run on the DISH channels with TV shows from the '50s, '60s, '70s, and '80s. Like, perhaps, the channel that carries Cagney & Lacey, which I record every afternoon, and takes over The Pony's bedroom TV. He's always comparing us old fogies to his hip-happenin' generation. So I thought it would get him started. Different generations, different ideologies, different marketing techniques... probably the same exact pillow!

***
Sioux,
Having seen the Hogg kid, I am not impressed by his coiffure.

NO! We just had Little Caesar's today! Leftovers for tomorrow (and perhaps five days from now). I could say it was Domino's. That they're losing money, and re-sizing their breadsticks to Bread Twigs, and Bread Logs. Heh, heh! I'm sure The Pony would grab his phone to investigate.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Yes. Cagney and Lacey--from the 70s. The 70s!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Let the record show that Cagney & Lacey are from the '80s! The early-to-mid '80s! If you don't believe the date that DISH shows me on the episode guide, or respect the authority of IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base), at least acknowledge the FASHION!