Saturday, May 22, 2021

PSYCH!

Did your friends ever say, "HIGH FIVE!" and hold up their hand, and when you went to slap it, they pulled it back, and said, "PSYCH!" As in, "Psyched you out royally, you dumb doofus!" Perhaps not. Perhaps this speaks more to the quality of my friends...

Anyhoo... the other day I stopped by Country Mart for bananas, some chocolate-covered raisins for diabetic Farmer H (his request), and some steak rolls for The Pony to make garlic bread, and a jar of spaghetti sauce. 

Darn the new owners of Country Mart! They took over the four parking spaces at the right end of the store, and set up their GARDEN STUFF! Flowers and crap that I never look at! So I went on down to the left end of the parking spaces in front of the store. Somebody had left a cart parked up against the wall, so I took it and started pushing it in.

When I got to the door, a lady was walking towards me, from my right, coming from the regular parking lot area.

"Can I push that cart in for you?"

"Nope! I'm SHOPPING with it! But thanks anyway."

Heh, heh! Poor lady. Thought she was doing a good deed for feeble old HM, taking back a cart she was returning. Little did she know I was using it as my cart/walker to traverse the front of the store.

I feel kind of bad for denying that lady her good deed. Had I been 10 years younger, with spry-er knees, I might have let her have it, and gone back to T-Hoe to wait for her to leave!

I really feel bad because she assumed I was doing a good deed myself, pushing that cart back inside! When in reality, after coming out and putting my groceries in T-Hoe, I put it back up against the wall.

2 comments:

River said...

Nice of you to put it back against the wall for the next un-spry old person.
How is a steak roll any different from a regular roll? Bigger? Rounder? Longer?
I missed those high five years, but my kids are about the right age to have got them, but it wasn't a big thing here in Oz.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, I'm an un-spry giver like that, thinking only of others, and not my lazy self.

The steak roll is a curious thing. I call it a steak roll, because that's what the package says. To me, it looks like an oversized, flatter, hot dog bun. Long, flat with a curved top, split in two halves. It looks exactly the same as the package called bratwurst rolls, although they are not split all the way through, but will fold open like a hot dog bun.

To me, a steak roll is a yeast roll of regular roll shape, or maybe like a hamburger bun shape, that you might get at a steakhouse.