Friday, May 14, 2021

The Road To Yell Is Paved With Good Intentions

I bought The Pony a treat when I was in Save A Lot. The cookies that are like chocolate chip, but with M&Ms. At least the generic form of M&Ms. He used to love them when he was a kid. I'm pretty sure he still likes them, but he also tries to eat one meal a day, and limit his snacks. Lately, he has been having Hershey Kisses from a giant bag, and assorted cheesecake slices from FRIG II's freezer. So the cookies are still around.

 
Don't they look delicious? They ARE! I forewarned The Pony that I would be consuming them at the rate of 1 per day. I noticed the stash was disappearing, and thought The Pony was also enjoying his treat. Nope. He hasn't had a one. 

FARMER H HAS BEEN EATING THE PONY'S COOKIES!

It's not that we withhold treats from Farmer H. But he DOES have The Diabeeetus, as Wilford Brimley used to say in his commercials. Before dying. Of The Diabeeetus, perhaps. So Farmer H should NOT be eating cookies (nor the clandestine Casey's donuts). But there's no telling Farmer H what to do.

Farmer H is what the French call les incompetents [thanks, Home Alone girl, 12 seconds]. And what the doctors (and NURSE PRACTITIONERS) call medically noncompliant.

I don't know why I spend twice as much, buying Farmer H sugar-free versions of his treats, when he eats them AND the regular sugary versions. I guess I am what they call an enabler.

No amount of reasoning, cajoling, nor yelling can convince Farmer H that he is harming himself. If I stop buying treats for myself The Pony, Farmer H will STILL sneak off to Casey's for his candy bars and donuts.

Farmer H said yesterday that he's been going for a walk around the lake in town every morning. It's a quarter-mile. I'm pretty sure there's a donut stop involved, since Casey's is on the route.

4 comments:

River said...

Tut tut Farmer H, you're only harming yourself you know. I suppose the quarter mile walk could be helping a tiny bit.

I've been walking everyday too lately, although not far enough. I have to go to the shops EVERY DAY now, as the neighbour who dropped off a daily newspaper for me has now moved away. I suppose it's for the best.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Farmer H swears that he's off the donuts. In fact, he said the Casey's gal asked where he's been. He SAID he was paying for gas at the time. At least his (also sugary) Honey Nut Cheerios and banana every morning now give him a little bit of fiber, and possibly slow down his sugar rush.

I go to the Gas Station Chicken Store every day! But I sure don't walk. It's five miles one way.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Can The Pony survive on only one meal, once he's working full time?

And more importantly, will he be too exhausted when he gets home from work to take his triangle tub soaks? If that's the case, he needs to quit his job before he begins...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
The Pony's ONE MEAL is quite substantial. But Thursday and Friday, he left early for McDonald's breakfast. He was disappointed Friday evening with a 45-minute wait at the new Chinese place he wanted to try. So he came home and had five biscuits (buttered, I'm sure) and a Solo cup of wine! He turned down a large left-over chicken strip. Not sure what he's planning for Saturday "lupper."

I think maybe he skips his work lunch to take the 30-minute pay instead. He did with his handler. He hasn't missed a 2-hour soak yet!