Thursday, July 22, 2021

More Evidence That The Pony's Chromosomes Are Missing The Common Sense Gene

The Pony wanted lunch/supper from Pizza Hut on Wednesday. Since we were out taking his broken (and still uncasted) ankle for a drive, under the guise of seeking treatment. We were once again unsuccessful in that arena. Don't get me started!!!

The Pony wanted a Personal Pan Pizza, and also some boneless chicken wings. Which are basically breaded chicken nuggets at Pizza Hut. They come in a black plastic ball the size of a large cantaloupe. It reminds me of a Pokemon ball, since that's the era in which my boys were of toy age.

Anyhoo... I think this is the dumbest packaging ever. I've only had the wings there a couple times, and I hated that ball more than I hated the wings. So awkward. So much wasted space. The tiny wings lie on the bottom in some sauce. Sometimes you get a lot, sometimes almost none. I don't get the whole BALL concept for this container. Put it in Chinese Tupperware. Then it can be re-used. Not in some thin-plastic BALL, that takes up room in the trash, and is good for nothing.

Anyhoo... The Pony's nugget-wings were swimming in that white parmesan garlic sauce. He ate them with his FINGERS because we had no fork, but that's part of another story, to be told elsewhere, on Friday. When they were gone, and The Pony got the mail out of EmBee for me, he set the BALL on T-Hoe's dashboard. You can imagine how that went, since I turned directly onto our newly-potholed gravel road.

"Pony! It's not going to stay there!"

"Got it!"

The Pony turned it over, and set it right back where it had been. 

"Maybe that will work better," he said, flipping it upside down. Which was actually right-side up. There was a flat portion on the bottom of the BALL, whereas the top had 
A POINTY TIP!

"I can't believe you laid that BALL up there sitting on a POINT, and expected it to stay! When there was a flat side available."

"But all the sauce was in the pointy part. So I wanted it to stay there. Now the sauce is in the top, dripping down."

Like it mattered in a closed BALL. Which shortly slid over the edge anyway, as T-Hoe bounced across the Great Chasm gully left by recent rains. Good thing The Pony has quick reflexes. Which don't require common sense.

4 comments:

River said...

The ball sounds like a ridiculous idea, what smart-aleck thought that one up? I'd like a picture if you can get one. How big are they? Baby toy size or soccerball size?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I can probably dig it out of the trash if I remember, and didn't smash it. Since the trash is now MY JOB, I wait until I've crammed as much in the bag as possible before putting it in T-Hoe to drop off at the dumpster I've left at the end of the driveway. It's smaller than a soccer ball. A bit smaller than a volleyball. All I can think of is a large cantaloupe for comparison. It's not like that BALL was full of chicken nugget wings. So much wasted space!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Our local Pizza Hut closed down. With that kind of packaging choices, I can understand why.

As far as The Pony's choices... You keep expecting him to reason like a non-male. He's a guy. Even though he's super intelligent, he's still male.

Get used to it...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes, The Pony WAS born with that handicap. Or different-abled-ness. This point you've made makes me think of that Brad Paisley song: "I'm Still a Guy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jln3QBsHQGI