Friday, July 9, 2021

Even Steven Has Perfected His Timing

I was on the last leg of my errand trip when a text came in from The Pony. Technically, I was off the leg and almost on my rumpus. I'd completed my stops at the post office, Casey's for scratchers, and had gas sloshing in T-Hoe's gut. I was merely passing back through town on my way to Burger King. I'd normally take a different route on the other side of town, but there's been construction of annoying sidewalks and curbs going on for a month now.

"Clocked out. Thinking about stopping at the new Chinese place. Would you want something if I do?"

SWEET GUMMI MARY! Doesn't The Pony know me better than that? Ever since he had the new Chinese, and brought me leftovers (well, brought them, then went to Steak N Shake the next day, and let me have them)... we've talked about him picking up Chinese for all of us.

Good thing I glanced at my phone while sitting at the 3-way stop. Of course I couldn't text while driving. When I got to the 4-way stop in front of Subway, I made a left, and then a quick right, and was in the municipal parking lot that is just out of frame to the right in that picture from the back of the post office. I called The Pony.

"Where are you?"

"I literally just clocked out. I'm walking to my car."  
[parked in the lot beside the post office]

"I'm in that lot you sometimes park in. By Subway. Good thing you caught me before I got Burger King!"

"Across from Subway?"

"Yeah. Come on up and we'll decide what I want."

The Pony parked his Rogue beside T-Hoe. He put down the passenger window.

"I'm hot. The air conditioner has to stay running."

"That's fine. I guess we'll get something for Dad, too, although he was having leftovers from his pork chops from the Ponytail Guy."

The Pony pulled out a pen from a package of 10, to write down the order.

"It's so hot in here that when I tried to pull that little ball of plastic off the point, it melted in my hand."

Anyhoo... I wanted Garlic Chicken, got Hunan Chicken for Farmer H, and The Pony had Black Pepper Chicken, which he ate there. We had the dinner special this time, which came in THE RECTANGULAR CHINESE TUPPERWARE! That's a reason to eat there, for sure!

Here's mine, which I put in the round Chinese Tupperware from The Pony's last visit. That's about half of what was in my order.

 
Yes, I feasted! Those crab rangoons are DELICIOUS! I don't like the egg roll. It has a filling with something that reminds me of stuffing. Not just cabbage and vegetables. It was crispy, though. My photo is terrible. Almost on Farmer H level of terrible. At least mine is an extreme closeup, cutting off edges, rather than a tiny pinpoint subject swimming in background.

I was downstairs by the time Farmer H got home to eat. He loved his Hunan Chicken. Said it's spicier than the other place we get it. For emphasis, he added:

"My head is sweating."

We will definitely have this again! Starting with tomorrow, when we all have leftovers!

Oh, yeah! One of my scratchers won $100. Even Steven is back in my good graces. 
Or I'm in his...

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Here is another way to make money during your mansion tours. Have the restaurant make the Hunan Chicken extra spicy. Your tourists can pay extra to see Farmer H's head sweat extra heavily...

River said...

You think that photo is terrible? Let me enlighten you. It's GLORIOUS! My mouth is watering as I stare at it. It's been so long since I had anything Chinese, (garlic chicken mmmm) three years at least, simply because I so rarely go into town these days, all the while sitting at home, not the least bit interested in cooking-for-one. I don't think we have Crab Rangoon out here though.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux
Having seen this phenomenon myself, it is quite impressive. Farmer H is mostly bald on top of his head, and you can see the droplets of sweat form! He's not shiny-bald, and the few remaining hairlets keep those sweat drops from forming rivulets. They just expand. Then after a while, he pats his head with a napkin, and it starts over. I could charge double to see both shows!


***
River,
The framing of the picture is terrible, but it's actually in focus, and I can almost smell that delicious garlic chicken! Had some leftovers tonight, with the added green peppers from The Pony's black pepper chicken, and Farmer H's Hunan chicken. They were a little spicy from soaking up the juices!

I am sad for your lack of Chinese deliciousness. The Pony, who sat in the place and ate his, described the Crab Rangoon maker. "There was an old lady watching Netflix, not even looking at what she was doing, putting in the filling and folding the wrapper." My compliments to her! She was quite generous with the filling.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Head sweating is annoying. If I mow in the morning and then shower, my scalp, face and neck start sweating. Even if the water is cool. I have been known to use just cold water and still I will be soaked in sweat. My sister always said that ladies do not sweat, they shimmer. My shimmer seems a bit excessive.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Don't know if you're a Seinfeld fan, but that's like when George took a shower after playing basketball at the gym, and said, "It didn't take." So his boss thought he was nervous and shady, for sweating during a meeting.

I've heard that saying as ladies GLOW. In which case I guess people would need sunglasses around you!