Monday, July 26, 2021

The Pony Takes A Picture Of His Balls On The Footrest Of Farmer H's Recliner

Made you look! Okay, okay! Maybe that IS a little bit clickbaity. But it is LITERALLY the truth. Give me a break, I didn't even include the fact that The Pony took a picture of his BLUE balls!

Sweet Gummi Mary! I found the most interesting treat EVER! Well. Except for maybe those insects on a stick in some of the countries I've seen on The Amazing Race. But for around Hillmomba, these are quite a unique treat! I found them on a back aisle end cap in Save A Lot. I didn't even break stride. Just grabbed one as I wheeled by with my cart/walker.

 
Don't worry! That's The Pony's FINGER holding the lid of the plastic jar containing his balls. Don't they make your mouth water? I really thought The Pony would like this treat. After all, he loves the cheese balls version. But no. He ate ONE SINGLE BALL and almost spit it out! Not a fan. I'd like to be sad about it, but all I can think is MORE FOR ME!!!

The cashier saw them and said,

"Oh, you're getting the cotton candy balls! I got some for home, and they're over half gone already! We love them! They're really sweet in the beginning, but then they get better."

I don't know how she kept that plastic jar half-FULL in her house! I tried a few. Put the lid back on. Went to do other things, Came back after I made supper. Took the lid off again. Had 3 or 4. Gave the jar to Farmer H so he could try them. He poured out a handful and gave them back. I had another 3 or 4. Put the lid on. Farmer H wanted them back. I swear he was elbow-deep in that container!

"Pony. Look. Your dad probably has a ring of blue around his mouth. He's shoveling them in like movie theater popcorn! Just smashing a handful against his lips!"

We didn't have the living room light on, but I swear I could see a bit of a blue glow on Farmer H, from the kitchen light. 

I am definitely leaving these Cotton Candy Balls upstairs. They're addictive! If I go back to Save A Lot this week, I'm getting another jar of them. The Pony doesn't know what he's missing...

6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Anything cotton candy flavored would not appeal to me... Therefore, I'd be a safe guest to have when you pop open that puppy for a snack...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
MORE FOR ME!!! And I won't have to worry about you getting the empty plastic jar stuck on your head from trying to lick the powdered flavoring from the inside.

River said...

I am NOT going to show this pic to my daughter-with-your-name. she once bought a BUCKET of cotton candy which we call Fairy Floss, I don't know how much it weighed but the bucket is 8 inches high and 8 inches across, and she ate the whole lot, but I think it took her more than a week. I can't eat anything blue, especially electric blue like those balls are. The colouring #133 which is listed as electric blue gives me an itchy rash similar to prickly heat.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
As I said to Sioux: "MORE FOR MEEEEE!" Looks like I also won't have to worry about YOUR head getting stuck in the jar!

I'd like to know how your my-name daughter kept her Fairy Floss fluffy all that time. When I buy the regular kind, even in a plastic tub with a tight lid, it loses its fluffiness, and soaks up moisture, and becomes shrunken and tough within two days. Maybe you have drier climate, and better packaging!

River said...

Definitely a drier climate and an airtight lid on the bucket. She says it did begin to lose its fluffiness towards the end and on the last day she actually threw out about a handful that was shrunken and hardened.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Hearing that makes me happy. Not that your daughter had to throw out some of that delicious treat, but that I am NOT some crazy bad Fairy Floss caretaker!