Friday, July 16, 2021

Mrs. HM Can't Catch A Break

Mrs. HM just can't catch a break. You'd think she'd be on top of the world. Swinging the world by the tail, as the old Porter Wagoner / Dolly Parton song goes. 
 
Farmer H gone on a vacation. The Pony working 11 hours a day. It would be like old times! Mrs. HM would have the Mansion to herself. To do as she pleased. Sleep as long as she liked, with the Sleep Police many states away. Make food only for herself. Wash only her (and occasionally a stray Pony item) dishes.

REEEEEEEE!

That ain't happenin', people! My world stopped revolving at 4:30 p.m. on the day after Farmer H departed for out-west.

I had just come in from my errands, and was warming up day-old fried chicken. As I was putting the cherry limeade flavor in my magical elixir, I heard a text come in.

"Oh. That must be The Pony. He was done around 5:00 yesterday, so I bet he's clocking out."

He's so thoughtful of others, that Pony! Lets me know so I won't worry. He's been going in at 7:30, and getting faster on this route they've had him on all week. I picked up my phone. Sure enough, it was a text from The Pony. What I saw made my heart stop, my blood run cold, and my head spin.

"Had a fall. Bleeding some. Heard a pop in my ankle, but don't think it's broken."

Yes. There's more to the story. But right now, my internet has been down for two hours due to storms, and I'm hoping I can save this in my documents so I don't lose it. Along with my half-finished post for my not-so-secret blog. It doesn't help that the lights have flickered twice. 
 
I just can't catch a break...

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

With one hand they giveth, and one they taketh away...

River said...

Oy! This is not good. Is he alright? Did he go to the hospital? Can he still work? Maybe you should have done the bubble wrap suit after all.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I'm ready for the takething to stop!

***
River,
Yes. Yes. No. And yes, the suggested need of a bubble wrap suit was eerily prophetic.

More details will be forthcoming. The basic info tomorrow here, and the gory pictures and specifics on my not-so-secret blog.