Sunday, July 4, 2021

What You THINK You're Getting, And What You GET

Saturday was not a good day for Mrs. HM. Only $12 won on scratchers, and a lunch that was not meant to be.

I went past Dairy Queen because I saw 7 cars in line. I figured I'd go on to Country Mart, to get a special ticket that The Pony likes, and then come back. Of course when I did that, a car pulled in ahead of me, and made the current line 8 cars. I was planning to wait. I might have mentioned that I CAN'T QUIT THEM! I crave the two-piece chicken strips and soft breadsticks on the 2-for-$4 menu. It's been about two weeks since I had them.

Then I noticed that of the three cars directly in front of T-Hoe, one was a mini van, and the other two were SUVs. I saw at least three heads in each vehicle. NOT-HEAVEN, NO! The best time I've made getting through the DQ line is two minutes per car. That was NOT going to happen with multiple orders in each vehicle. I could easily spend 40 minutes in that line if everyone ordered the chicken strip dinner. Which most people do, judging from the sideways paper sacks of food handed through the window.

I pulled out of line after it hadn't moved in two minutes. At home, I could have a Banquet! 
A tasty frozen Sweet & Sour Chicken Dinner. It looked really good on the package. 

DECEIVERS! Look at what I THOUGHT I was getting, versus what I actually GOT:
 
 
I'm sorry. That does not seem like the same meal. Technically, they show 5 chicken nuggets, and I had 5 chicken nuggets. Where is all my delicious sauce, and the peppers and pineapple chunks? Okay. There were maybe two of each, under the rice. A smattering of sauce. It was tasty enough, what there was of it. That's not nearly as much rice as it appears.
 
Good thing I supplemented my meal with two of the small FREE Ponytail Guy eggrolls!

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Well, I now know to stay away from those. The box makes it look delicious. However, this is a good lesson. The meals you offer to the mansion tourists... You could use the same strategy. Have pictures of succulent meals on display... and give 'em something completely different.

River said...

I thought everybody knew by now that the picture on the box NEVER matches what is inside. At least you didn't wait in line and then maybe find out they were sold out of chicken strips after all those families bought them.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I really expected more for my $1.50 Banguet. Where in the NOT-HEAVEN am I going to find pictures of succulent meals? Oh, wait! I can cut up the Banquet boxes... Might as well give 'em the Banquet food while I'm at it, served up on a plate. I can make a tidy profit.

***
River,
Just like re-watching a movie with a sad ending, I always hope things will work out this time. I'm an eternal optimist, you know. Some might call me Pollyanna. Some might call me something entirely different...

More likely, DQ would have given me a couple of crispy fried breading particles smaller than those Banquet nuggets, for my two chicken strips.