Tuesday, July 13, 2021

MOMcopter Or Bubble Wrap

I think I may have to ask Farmer H to rebuild the engine of my MOMcopter! I thought I'd retired from helicopter parenting, but I may need to be reactivated.

THE PONY HAD ANOTHER WORK CATASTROPHE ON MONDAY!

The tale is in the texts:

"Bad day. Will tell you later. Got stung by yellowjackets."

"Hope you're okay."

"Nauseous and shaky like last time. Still working."

"Okay. Call in if it gets bad."

"Told her when it happened, was like an hour before I texted you. She said it was fine if I needed more help, or wanted to stop. Kept working. Will be a late day, probably. Going to Steak N Shake after for comfort food."

"Where did you get stung?"
 
"Left wrist. Right upper arm through shirt. Felt a third sting, but can't find the spot."

"Do you feel okay now?"

"Eh."

"?"

"It felt like my tongue might have swelled for a little bit after. Not awful Just generally bad, which is normal after work. Maybe a bit more of a headache than usual."
 
Sweet Gummi Mary! The Pony might need a custom-made uniform. Out of bubble wrap.

6 comments:

River said...

Forget the bubble wrap. I think he needs to start carrying an epipen to ward of anaphylactic shock. Hope he is okay now.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I think I'll suggest that he get tested by an allergist when he has some time off. My dad had to carry an epipen when he was a lineman for Southwestern Bell. And Farmer H's 2nd son The Veteran had to carry one while he was on active duty in Iraq. So The Pony might have inherited it from both sides.

I wonder if an epipen has to be stored within a certain temperature range. The Pony is sweltering right now in the July heat, with an un-air-conditioned LLV, but I doubt it was any cooler back in my dad's working days, or in Iraq...

So far this pay period, The Pony has 31 hours in three days. With Wednesday, Thursday, Friday still to go. He's looking at around 60 hours. Finding time to make an appointment will be the problem.

Sioux Roslawski said...

You need to wrap him in bubble wrap, so that he looks like the Michelin man (isn't that the guy made up of tires?)

I hope these calamaties stop soon...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes. Because to wrap him in marshmallows like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man would make him even more attractive to the stingers. And sticky. Not good for the mail!

River said...

You can get insulated lunch carry bags, or mini coolers to keep an epipen in, but I don't think they need to be kept cool. You might want to check on that though. I do know that insulin for diabetics has to be kept cool.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I will bring up the subject with The Pony. I'm sure he felt shaky from the adrenaline rush when he realized he'd been stung. I think he needs allergy testing for insect venom.