Saturday, July 10, 2021

No, This Nightly Show Is NOT On Hiatus For The Summer

Welcome to another episode of...
"This Is the Time We Talk About the Most Recent Thing You've Done Wrong."

It's still in pre-production. Farmer H does not know what's coming. That would give him time to mount a still-insufficient defense for his wrongs.

A couple weeks ago, Farmer H left SilverRedO with Mick the Mechanic for work on... oh, I don't know... maybe something trivial like THE BRAKES. Not sure. It's there every month for something, yet T-Hoe languishes on a flat tire for a long weekend.

Anyhoo... I guess Mick or one of Farmer H's buddies met him there and drove him home. It's less than five miles from the Mansion. But he'd asked me to drop him off as I went to town, so he could re-claim SilverRedO. He was content to do it on my time schedule, so not a problem. Except for questioning my parking at the creek to let him out to get the mail.

Anyhoo... Farmer H was a well-enough behaved passenger. He didn't move the seat. He sat on the junk mail magazines as instructed. But then he opened up the air vent on the passenger side.

"Make sure you close that off when you get out. I get way less air over here when it's open, uselessly, on the passenger side."

Farmer H grunted, in what I assumed was compliance. What I'd really wanted to say was: "Seriously? You can't ride five minutes or four miles in the ambient temperature of T-Hoe's cabin?" But I didn't. Of course the king wanted his rolling borrowed castle to conform to his comfort needs.

You know what happened, right? Farmer H did NOT close off that vent. I was not concentrating on that blatant disregard of my request at the time. I was headed to get my magical elixir! And scratchers!

The next day I noticed. I couldn't get quite cool enough in the 93-degree heat. I turned up the fan twice, but I didn't seem to be getting the full blast of cool air. That's when I thought of the vent. I stuck my hand over the passenger seat, and felt the draft. I meant to walk around and close it when I stopped, but each time I was distracted by idiots parking badly. Or at least in my desired space.

Friday, I finally fixed it. In the garage when I got home. So it will be cooler on the next drive, anyway. Of course this needs to be brought to Farmer H's attention. Otherwise, he will run rampant, all willy-nilly, heady with the knowledge that he got away with something.

4 comments:

River said...

Even from the passenger side, shouldn't the cool air circulate throughout the cabin?
Why does Silveredo need work every month?

Kathy's Klothesline said...

When HeWho drives my car he moves the seat and the mirrors and the vents for the air. I have learned to expect it. It is not like he would be able to get it back to my liking anyway. But, he has to mess with the seat belt height. I like it low so that it is not grabbing me by the neck. He could put that back to the lowest level, but he doesn't. Really makes me irritated. And, yes, I do make a major production of it.

Sioux Roslawski said...

I think this is a show that should be on twice daily. I'm sure you have enough material for it.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
No, when it comes out that side, I get way less force blowing it on me from my side, no matter how much I turn up the fan. In 93 freakin' degrees, you want that cold air WHOOSHING at your face when you get in, not floating around and dropping the inside temperature slowly during the drive.

***
Kathy,
You have to make that production, or they WILL think they can do what they want whenever they want! T-Hoe has two buttons to save your settings. When Farmer H puts it on his settings, then pushes the button to return it to mine... the seat never goes all the way back, no matter how many times I try to reset that button.

***
Sioux,
The only problem is capturing Farmer H for two sittings. You can't run the show without the 'guest of honor.'