Monday, April 18, 2022

Deleting Cookies Didn't Cross The Pony's Mind

When The Pony moved (mostly) out of the Mansion last Sunday, he took some items from the pantry. Namely, his bazillion spices and sauces and oils. Also some things I'd bought for him when he came home from college, that he kept meaning to use, until he got a job and had no time. Like packets of instant noodle dishes, and brownie mix. 
 
There was also a packet of cookie mix. The Pony returned to the Mansion yesterday, to get a few more clothes, and mentioned that he had made the cookie mix.
 
"It was expired, which is not surprising. But apparently that did not affect the cookies!"
 
"HOW old was it?"
 
"I don't know. I'm pretty sure it expired in SOME November..."
 
"What ingredients did you have to add?"
 
"Just some butter and water. It was really dry. So instead of using 2 tablespoons of water, I had to use 4. It looked okay after that. They turned out fine."

This appears to be the first dough, the dry form.
 
 
Then the moister version, after extra water. I'm surprise Pony the Butterton didn't use more butter...

 
The Pony blobbed the dough onto his cookie sheet. He's a blobber!

 
Checked on them in his FREE (courtesy of former Back-Creek Neighbor Bev) oven.

 
I'm not so sure The Pony waited for them to cool before strapping on the old feedbag!
 
"Did you add more chocolate chips to the cookie dough?"
 
"Yes."
 
"They look very chippy for a mix! Is the reason I asked."
 
"Yep! I added a bunch!"
 
Good thing he had several bags of chocolate chips that he brought from the Mansion.

5 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

He won't starve!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Not only does The Pony have plenty of (possibly expired) foods from the Mansion, but he also realized that since he lives in town, he can order food and have it DELIVERED!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Food delivered? THAT will eat up his paycheck quickly...

River said...

We ALWAYS add extra choc chips to cookie recipes, we don't usually use a packet mix though.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I agree! That's where most of his monthly allowance went during college. I'm hoping he is just treating himself while on his "vacation" to use up the accumulated leaver hours prior to his mandatory five days off for the 1 year anniversary.

***
River,
That's the first time I ever saw a packet mix, which is why I bought it for The Pony. I think he usually uses the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag. And of course also adds extra chips!