Monday, April 11, 2022

Farmer H Is The Landlord From Not-Heaven

The Pony loaded up most of his stuff on Sunday afternoon, and moved out of the Mansion and into Pony House. There are still some items there that need fine-tuning, but Pony House is basically a safe, livable house, suitable for inhabitants. 

"You know your dad, Pony. Some ground rules need to be discussed. He has no business coming and going as he pleases, now that you will be living there. He'll have a fit, I'm sure. But you two need to reach an agreement about what times he can come in there and finish up."

"I know. I'm kind of wanting to get used to my house during my week off."

"That's the thing. He will want to continue his schedule. Not because he has other things to do, but because it's HIS SCHEDULE. Just like him eating anything that's UNDER HIS ROOF."

When Farmer H came through the kitchen door, The Pony was in the living room packing some stuff. I tried to break the news to Farmer H first.

"We need to talk."

"What have I done wrong now?"

"Pony will be getting used to living in his house this week. So you can't just go barging in whenever you feel like it."

"I ain't waitin' till noon to go work on it!"

"Why do you have to be there early? The Pony gets ONE WEEK off per year, and should be able to spend it how he likes. Moving in, playing computer games, sleeping. Whatever."

"FINE! I don't need to go over there at all! That's fine."

This was accompanied by much arm-waving and drama. Because Farmer H is the master of passive-aggressive shenanigans when a calm discussion is needed. The Pony made his exit to load more stuff in his car. Then remained quiet when he came back to pack more.

"I'm sick of you acting this way every time you don't get your way! This should be a happy time, The Pony's house is ready, and it's a milestone for him to move in. Pony. What would be a good time for Dad to work on your house tomorrow?"

"I'd say not before 9:00."

"That's reasonable, right? You can get there at 9:00?"

"I don't have to go all week! Do what you want to do with your time off! I still have a lot of work to do there! But don't worry. I won't go there this week."

"Stop it! This is stupid. What's wrong with going there at 9:00?"

"I just don't want you getting there at 7:00 or 7:30, Dad."

"I don't go that early. I usually get there at 7:30."

"I've seen you leave here at 6:45! It takes you 45 minutes to get to my house???"

"No. I have to stop for my donuts..."

"See? I just don't want you there so early, before I get up and shower."

"I still have to fix your shower!"

"Good thing I have another one."

"I never hooked that one up!"

"What? I thought you had it all done."

"No. Not that one. And the other needs to make sure the caulk set up. I guess it might be ready. It has to dry for 24-48 hours. I guess you can pull the tape off, and see if it held. I just did it on Thursday."

"THIS IS SUNDAY! So it should have been enough time..."

"Okay. So you two agree that 9:00 is okay? Pony, you might just have to take a bath and not a shower yet."

Seriously. I don't know WHY Farmer H starts a project and jumps to another one. You'd think he would get one room ready, and move to the next. Especially after gettting all the plumbing done, and the flooring, and those general items all the rooms needed first. But then SWEET GUMMI MARY, pick a room and finish it out!!!

It's not fair to The Pony to invade his privacy like it's not really his house.

5 comments:

River said...

SWEET GUMMI MARY, pick a room and finish it out!!!

YES!!
please.

I know the feeling of getting used to a new home. I've been here almost 11 years and it still feels like "the box doesn't quite fit" because I DOWNsized. I had no choice :(

Sioux Roslawski said...

Farmer H probably thinks that every house he touches is his house. Was your $17,000 house HIS (in his opinion)?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Exactly! Why keep flitting around doing parts of rooms when it's nothing related, like the electricity and plumbing and painting? Get one done, then move to the next.

It does take a while to get used to new surroundings.

***
Sioux,
I bought my $17,000 house before we were married. I DID have Farmer H put in the plumbing for my washer/dryer in the basement. A bad fitting flooded the basement overnight, so I called him at 5:00 a.m. before we both left for work, and he spent the day pumping out the basement and fixing the fitting. So I guess he considered it HIS house, even before we were married.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

When the arms start flailing, they know they are wrong, but want to distract you from knowing that they know.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
YES! That arm-flailing is a classic sign! And they think the louder they get, the righter they are!