Friday, April 8, 2022

THIS Is What I Try To Avoid

It's ne'er-do-wells like this that drive me crazy! They're the reason I prefer to park on the left and of a parking row, or next to a handicap walkway, or off to the side where few people park. I was parked just fine when I went IN Country Mart on Wednesday. It's when I came OUT that I observed my worst nightmare:

 
That's T-Hoe on the right. You can tell by all the dirt! I had just put my groceries in T-Hoe's rear, then paused to take a picture to document this IDIOT who made sure I couldn't comfortably re-enter T-Hoe. It may LOOK wide enough, but that's not even enough room to push the cart back to the building. I had to go on the other side of the IDIOT.

 
Yeah. Plenty of room in that space. No need for the IDIOT to cheat over in case of a close-parker, due to the walkway here, for the handicap space out of frame to the left. Nobody was going to get too close to the IDIOT and prevent the door from opening. So no reason at all to park like an IDIOT.

When I got there and parked T-Hoe, a NORMAL PERSON was next to me. Still, I cheated over a bit, just in case a different car was parked there when I came out. Good thing I did! As you can see from both photos, my cheating-over was reasonable. About the amount of space where the shadow of this IDIOT's car falls. Still room on the other side of T-Hoe for the person on the right of me to get a door open all the way.

I had to hoist myself onto T-Hoe's running board with the door open only one notch. I COULD have let T-Hoe's door rest against that IDIOT's car, except it wouldn't. It automatically closed back to the first notch. Heavy doors has T-Hoe. It was really hard to grab the leg of my pants and pull my knee back enough to get my left foot in.

A less tranquil shopper might have KEYED THAT IDIOT'S CAR! But that's not Mrs. HM's style. She suffers in silence, except for rassen'-frassen under her breath once the doors are closed.

The more I think about it after the fact, it would have been grand fun to go to the service desk, and have the license number announced so the driver could come outside and move the car so I could get in!

5 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Not quiet, I would have complained. I have been known to look at idiots and announce that they can read about themselves on my blog!!

Rae said...

Evidently everyone assumes we are all skinny gymnasts with the ability to slide into our car seat with inches to spare. I, like you, try to be considerate enough to think I am not the only one that needs a bit of extra space to climb into our vehicle. I am often the passenger and most times there is space, due to greedy parkers such as this one. Not so lucky when I am the driver, though. Ranee (MN)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
You, ma'am, are the squeaky wheel! I will do without grease, rather than make a scene. I wish you'd been riding shotgun with me that day!

***
Rae,
I am generally unlucky on both sides! Farmer H frequently has to back out of the space to enable A-Cad's door to open fully when I am his passenger, and we return from our errand. Apparently, skinny gymnast IDIOTS park next to A-Cad!

River said...

Oooh! There's an idea! Go in and do that next time. Please.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I might have to! I might need a protective suit to thwart the stared daggers.