Thursday, April 21, 2022

The Pony Gets Spooked: Part 3, The Sounding

When The Pony was picking up more of his stuff at the Mansion on Sunday, I asked if he had watched Saturday Night Live. He's not a regular watcher, but we had seen parts of it on his last Saturday night in the Mansion.
 
"No. But that reminds me... Something really weird happened last night. I was watching TV in my bedroom when I heard a noise in the living room--"
 
"Like something crashing? Like out here?"
 
"No. It wasn't a crash. You know that sound when a movie is coming on? Before the credits or the movie starts? THAT'S what I heard!"

"Did you leave the TV on in the living room?"

"No. It was off. But I thought maybe my bedroom remote might have messed with the living room TV. It's just on the other side of the wall."

"Did you go look and see if it was on?"

"NO! And it wasn't on this morning when I went out there."

"What time did that movie-starting sound happen?"

"I don't know. Sometime between 10:00 and 1:00. I'm pretty sure it was just my remote..."

"Yeah. Keep telling yourself that. The more I hear of things happening in your house, the more I think things are happening in your house!"

Still. That's probably a logical explanation. Although from the time The Pony wakes up, he turns on the TV in his room. So I guess the remote doesn't work through the wall in the morning. Only at night.

4 comments:

River said...

Perhaps the neighbour has his TV turned really loud and that's what The Pony is hearing? The other explanation is haunted house.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I could go for the neighbor angle if it was the heat of summer, with no air conditioning, and both Pony and Neighbor had their windows open. But it's not. Just this morning, The Pony gave me fodder for incident #5, which will be forthcoming.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Any more happenings in your house since Pony left?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
A couple times. Just the sounds of something falling. Not a hard sound, like shampoo bottles flying. Kind of a rustle, like something toppling over. NOT a rustle like when I had a millipede in the basement walking under a Devil's Playground bag!