Friday, April 29, 2022

Pony Cake, Pony Cake, You Bad Man...

...this ain't your roof, and eating anything under it is something you no longer can! 
 
The Pony baked a cake on his day off Wednesday. Just stuff he had sitting around his house, I suppose, that he'd moved there from our pantry. Stuff he had bought on his shopping trips, or stuff I had gotten for him to make here. Foods earmarked for The Pony.

He sent me a picture of his cake. Actually, he sent the picture to his MANAGER at work, by mistake. Then he sent it to me.
 
 
Just a homemade cake from a mix, to enjoy as a snack. That's BEFORE Farmer H helped himself to a slice. I can't guarantee how much is left. Even though he declared, "I only had ONE PIECE." You never know what SIZE the piece was with Farmer H.

The Pony went to work on Thursday. He was expecting the arrival of a new laptop he'd ordered. It required a signature for delivery by FedEx. Farmer H said he'd be there watching for it. So he could sign, and the package wouldn't be sent back.

You know where this is going, right? 

When Farmer H came home, I asked if the package was delivered. It was, around 1:00.

"Oh, you didn't have time to get your Senior Center lunch for $5 today?"

"No. I ate a piece of cake."

"The Pony's cake? That he just baked? That's not right! You can't just go helping yourself to anything you want in his house! IT'S NOT YOUR HOUSE! Now that he's living in it. You're the landlord! A landlord can't just come in and eat what he wants!"

"I sent The Pony a text saying I ate it."

"That's not the same. You should ASK before you eat it!"

"He was fine with it."

I don't think so. It's not like Farmer H was going to starve. The package got there at 1:00. That's barely past lunch time. He even said he got Burger King on his way home!

If The Pony was more motivated, I suspect he would change the locks.

6 comments:

River said...

Uh-Oh, The Pony may have to start hiding his food, or give Farmer H strict instructions to NOT EAT ANYTHING! At least not without asking first. The cake MIGHT have been meant as a gift for someone.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
It should go without saying that you don't eat food in somebody else's house if they are not home, and have not invited you to eat something there. Farmer H had a hissy-fit last night, because I mentioned that The Pony sent me a text telling me about the cake-eating incident. Farmer H asserted that he was perfectly within his rights to eat that cake!

"I didn't have no food! What was I supposed to do, STARVE? I couldn't leave. I was waiting for the package. That's ridiculous. I just ate a piece of cake."

Farmer H himself said that the package arrived at 1:00. At that point, he was free to go get lunch. I don't know what time he ate the cake, but when he left home around 8:00, he had a banana, and then got Casey's donuts on the way to Pony House. I don't think he was starving. He just wanted a piece of cake. When he works at his Storage Unit Store every Saturday and Sunday, he doesn't eat lunch until 2:00 or 3:00. I'm not falling for his "starving" story!

The cake was only a gift for The Pony's mouth!

River said...

Farmer H, like so many of us, have no idea what Starving actually is.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I agree! I have a banana and some dry cereal for breakfast (around 11:00 or noon heh, heh) and then wait until 6:30 for supper. I certainly don't starve. I don't even feel hungry. There's no way Farmer H was STARVING before 1:00, after Casey's donuts around 8:00.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Okay, I would have eaten whatever I wanted if I were doing my child a favor by waiting for a package. I would have left a note, telling whichever one that I ate and felt totally okay about it. They would eat anything they wanted at my house, and if I still lived close enough, they would even be known to steal my leftovers! All's fair in love and rumbling tummies.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I understand your position. You're a MOM, and have provided all that food for them for a lifetime. Farmer H, on the other hand, was just an inconsiderate freeloader because he was jonesin' for some cake.

The Pony further revealed that his fridge and freezer were stocked with food, because he only had the cake since he'd bought the mix on the same trip he bought real food. PLUS, Farmer H had a box of Slim Jims or jerky in Pony's fridge, and a package of cookies that he got at the auction. So Farmer H was NOT actually starving before 1:00 on the package delivery day.