Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The Return Of The Prodigal Pony

The Pony couldn't wait to move out, to spread his wings, to make his way in the world without the albatross and millstone of Farmer H and me, respectively, hanging from his neck, dragging him into the abyss of uncoolness.

HE WAS BACK AT THE MANSION BY 9:15 THE NEXT MORNING!

"Starting over. I'm gonna shower when I'm over, just since I left all my soaps and razors. Then I'll pack up a bit more, steal some ice water, and go to Walmart for a curtain rod and stuff while Dad works."

Wow. That was only 16 hours that he was on his own!

The Pony DID forget to pack his soaps and razors on Sunday. And his own ice-maker made brown ice, due to the water pipes needing to be flushed out since the water service had just been connected. AND he loves our fresh well water. Having lived just down the street from Pony House, in my $17,000 house, I know that city water is not so flavorful as well water. And that sometimes on weekends, the water is brown anyway. I guess too many people doing their laundry, getting the old pipes all stirred up. I knew not to wash whites on the weekend.

Anyhoo... I was happy to see The Pony again! I didn't even cry this time when he left.

4 comments:

River said...

I HATE brown water! We had it often in the small town I grew up in, plus red dust everywhere after a dust storm. I don't think anybody even owned white sheets or towels because they would get ruined in the wash.
I hope The Pony's water is clear soon and stays clear.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The Pony said the second batch of ice was the normal "ice" color. He still prefers our well water, since it is basically the only thing he had since he "started drinking" in toddlerhood. He was NOT fond of the water in Norman, Oklahoma, where he went to college.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

My last one out kept coming home to steal leftovers from our fridge!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
The Pony actually left things he should have taken. Several pairs of shoes. Soda that was bought for him. A bucket of change and small bills on the marred coffee table. He says he's coming back to clean his room this week. It's now Thursday. No Pony in sight...