Wednesday, April 20, 2022

The Pony Gets Spooked: Part 2, The Glowing

The Pony has been having a heyday ordering food at Pony House. I suppose he really missed having that option, after living in an actual city during four years of college. On Thursday, he ordered Chinese from a restaurant we used to go to when Genius was a toddler. I don't remember ever taking The Pony there. It's just up the street from Casey's and the mechanic shop that repairs all the LLVs (Long Life Vehicles) for the post office.
 
"I warmed up my Chinese on Friday night. It was kind of late. I turned off the kitchen light when I was done, to go to bed, and I saw something strange."
 
 
"I was standing in the middle of my living room, behind the couch, and I saw that there was a glow coming from my bedroom. It was on the bedroom door frame. Coming from inside. Kind of a purple glow."

"OOH! That's creepy!"

"Yeah. But then I remembered that I have that fan thing to cool my laptop. The one you set the laptop on. And it has that feature where the lights come on around it, and run through a pattern of different colors. I had left it sitting on my bed. So that was making the light."
 
"Well. At least that explains it."
 
TOMORROW: Part 3 of The Spooking of The Pony

5 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Purple light .... that is interesting. I still think he took the poltergeist with him!

River said...

Thank goodness there was an explanation. My living room glows green at night if I don't turn off the powerboards and mostly I don't. So the laptop has a blue standby light and the Dodo modem has five neon green dots and anything I've plugged in the charge overnight also glows green when fully charged.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I am thinking the same thing, after every story I hear.

***
River,
An explanation can make one sleep easier at night...

Sioux Roslawski said...

I hope it's one of those fun-loving spirits, one that pulls pranks.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes. Those wacky, prank-pulling spirits are the best!