Sunday, April 3, 2022

Mrs. HM Is H To T

That stands for HOT TO TROT! And NOT in a pleasant way. In the usage of my best old ex-teaching buddy Mabel, who said it when describing someone who was fit to be tied. Beside herself. Had her granny panties in a wad. Her nose out of joint. A bee in her bonnet. Hotter to trot than a wet hornet!

Please allow me to vent. I feel like the boiler at the Overlook Hotel. I don't have a Jack Torrance chewing aspirin and coming down to the basement to dump me.

I received a package today. It was delivered by FedEx. Nobody told me it was here. No email. No knock at the door. It was placed in the back of Farmer H's Gator under the carport. That's the BEST thing that happened with that package! I have no issue with FedEx today.

When I opened my package, AN ITEM WAS MISSING! Not only that, but a DIFFERENT ITEM was included. One that looked nothing like what I had ordered.

This was from a major online clothing company. I had ordered two shirts and two foundation garments. I received two shirts, one foundation garment, and a soft item in a see-through bag that looked like it MIGHT be a black v-neck cotton t-shirt. It was two sizes larger than anything I ordered. I'm pretty sure it cost about 1/4 the price of my brand-name foundation garment that was missing.

I called customer service. Louise was a good customer service rep. She had just the tiniest of an Asian accent. She was respectful and polite. I have nothing against Louise doing her job. However.... customer service for this company SUCKS!

The only way to get back my $43 dollars for the missing item is for me to SEND BACK THE UNORDERED ITEM! Is that legal? It is not MY fault that I was sent the wrong item. Why should I have to go to all the trouble of packaging that unwanted item, filling out a return form, driving to town, standing in line at the post office to mail it, then wait for an email E-Gift Card in the amount of my purchase??? That's a lot of trouble for somebody being cheated out of $43!

Sure, there may be some people who lie about not getting their items. Or what if they actually DON'T receive an item, and don't get a useless-to-them mistake item in their package? What do THEY have to do to get their money back?

I think the company should tell me to keep the unwanted useless-to-me item, and then immediately credit my credit card with the amount of the missing item. THAT would be good customer service. I've NEVER sent one item back to this company. Never called to complain of anything missing.

Maybe the company can't handle it this way, because they make SO MANY errors like this...

6 comments:

River said...

Somebody in packaging needs to be more closely supervised. I think you should send back the unordered item since you've already mentioned it to them. If you hadn't mentioned it, you could demand a refund for the missing item and just have a free t-shirt.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I had forgotten about getting my package ready to take to the post office, after some events that happened today! I would never use that t-shirt, but being commanded to return it doesn't sit right with my lazybones.

Their invoice probably showed that four items were sent. So I doubt they would have believed me if I said one was missing.

Sioux Roslawski said...

I agree. I think they should just let you keep the unwanted item. I've had that happen before, where I received something unwanted and they said, "Just keep it," and it certainly is good PR.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I am so put-off by this tactic that I'm about to send them to my 5PAM folder! I must get 10 emails a day with sales offers from them. Once I get my proper order delivered, off they go!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Well, you know about me and my issues with the missing loveseat legs. It was a nightmare and I did end up ordering my own legs, paid for by Walmart and Walmart issued an additional $100 credit to my checking account for my trouble. Of course I did call FIVE times!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
At least I didn't lose my legs! Your tenacity paid off. Maybe if you called 10 times, you could have gotten $200 in your account...