Wednesday, May 25, 2022

A Dog Crawls Into A Jar

Farmer H spent Tuesday afternoon mowing the front yard-field. While I was in town, he sent me a text and a picture: "Your dog and a jar." Of course he didn't use capitalization, nor punctuation. I can't figure out what he did to the picture to make it so unflattering!
 
 
Poor Jack! He looks like he has no legs! Like one of those stuffed thingies that you lay across the bottom of your door to keep out drafts in the winter. From the looks of this picture, Jack could keep out a LARGE draft! Sure, he's put on a couple pounds over the past year. But I don't think he's as portly as this picture portrays him.

"That stupid dog! I looked over and he'd got ahold of that jar I used to give water to Back-Creek Neighbor Bev's dog when she stayed here."

"Jack didn't get his head stuck in it, did he?"

"Naw. He cain't get his head stuck."

"Is it plastic?"

"Yeah. He'll chew it up."

"It reminds me of that time the ex-ex-mayor's dog Susie got her head stuck in a giant mayonnaise jar while my mom was there babysitting. It was opaque, and stupid Susie couldn't see, so she was running around the yard, banging her head into trees."

"Jack's just chewin'."

Maybe, just maybe, Farmer H should pay more attention to what he does with plastic jars that he used months ago to carry water to a visiting dog...

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Jack is like his master, he can entertain himself! The picture taking of HeWho is much the same. I always check to see what might be lurking in the background, he never does. We had a Saint Bernard named Saint Nicholas when the kids were growing up. Got him for Christmas, and the kids named him. Somewhere I have a picture of him holding a can of Alpo dogfood between his paws, licking the can clean. I should have sent it to the dogfood company. Your picture brought him to mind.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Always the tiny subject in the middle of vast scenery! Except Jack isn't that tiny these days.

You could have had a commercial star in your household! At least in print, if not on TV.

River said...

Shacky Town is looking nice. I think Farmer H should take the jar away from Jack in case he does chew it up and swallows some plastic. That won't be good for him.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I think Farmer H picked up the jar when he drove by again on the mower. He rebuilt the carburetor of the generator yesterday, and said he was going right over to his "burn pile" in front of the BARn, to get rid of the plastic parts that had grease or kerosene or something I don't remember on them, so Jack wouldn't be chewing on them.

Shackytown Boulevard is not beautiful, but DOES look better when trimmed of grass and weeds. That's the Freight Container Garage way in the background, and the old chicken house to the left, behind the glider. I did notice until this picture that Farmer H has "decorated" it with hubcaps!