Sunday, May 29, 2022

Farmer H Has A Date With Gassy G Jr

Farmer H is grilling some sausages on Sunday. We invited The Pony. Not that he's a big sausage fan. Farmer H said he would grill a steak for The Pony if he wanted to pick one up on his way out here. Of course, he later admitted that HE, too, would eat a steak if The Pony had one, but that he wouldn't grill one just for himself.

Well, the point is moot now, because The Pony, after thinking it over, decided that he doesn't want to come out here after work Sunday. He also works on Monday. So there will be no steak for Farmer H!

Anyhoo... I bought the sausages several days ago. They're like a homemade kind, which I get at Save A Lot. Not the packaged Johnsonville kind. The date on them is Sunday, so that's why Farmer H chose that day!

I'm not doing any fancy sides this time. We have the roasted potatoes/carrots/onions that I made with bacon on Friday. And I'll dice an onion and add BBQ sauce to some canned beans, and shove them in the oven. 

It's not really a holiday cookout. Just supper.

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Just another day for us. I am so glad I am not dealing with campers!! We bbq'ed pork chops and chicken, so tomorrow's meal is done, too. Just waiting for the afternoon sun to back off so I can go out and play!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Oh my gosh! Just remembering all the hassle probably makes you sweat bullets! People can be so DEMANDING!

River said...

The bacon roasted vegetables sounds like a fancy enough side to me.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Those "vinchtables," as The Pony used to call them, are delicious! We are finishing them today with the leftover sausages. Got four meals out of them.