Thursday, May 26, 2022

Anarchy Comes To Hillmomba

Sweet Gummi Mary! Life in Hillmomba is not what it used to be. Chaos reigns!

Tuesday, I stepped into Orb K to pick up my daily $3 scratchers. I shuffled to the maze where the line wends through last-minute snack suggestions hanging on pegboards. A dark-haired lady was in front of me. I was careful not to crowd her, but not so uncouth as to give her a 6-foot berth. Nobody does that around here anymore. She was third in line. I was fourth.

Whoopsie-daisy! There went a skeletorious black-haired woman around me! To stand in front of me, beside Dark Hair. Oh. Maybe they were together. They could pass for sisters. From the back, anyway. I didn't get a good view of their faces.

We inched along, getting closer to our respective turns. Dark Hair and Skeletor both stepped up when a register became available. To my amazement, Dark Hair paid for her snack and fountain soda, and turned to leave. While SKELETOR PUT HER STUFF ON THE COUNTER TO PAY!
 
Seriously? Had Skeletor really cut line ahead of me? YES! Those two might have been together, but they were making separate purchases! That is NOT fair! One purchase, one place in line!!!

Oh, you know what Skeletor was buying? Three little airline-style bottles of whiskey.

If I ever see her in the Gas Station Chicken Store at 10:30 a.m., I am NOT giving her a dollar if she can't afford her alcohol!

5 comments:

River said...

Very cheeky of her to sneak in like that. Makes me wish she dropped those bottles before she got to drink them.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I think she might have already drank a few elsewhere! I can't figure out how she got those little bottles. I've seen them in a case on the counter, various brands. The cashier has to get them out for you. Maybe there was a display on the liquor aisle. A little bucket of them, perhaps, as a promotion. I don't buy Farmer H's Wild Turkey there, so I am not familiar with their liquor aisle, even though it's right by the front door where I GOT SHOULDER-SLAMMED! I only see these little bottles in convenience stores, or the liquor store, and they are by the cashiers so people don't steal them, I think!

River said...

They have them here in liquor stores too, but behind the counter and way up high, not at all easy to reach for thieves.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Excuse me, madam, but I am in line! Of course, she may have been armed and losing your place is no reason to get shot. You never know nowadays, it's a jungle out there.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I saw them in Orb K today, in a little basket-tree kind of contraption, up by the registers. Which is NOT where that line-jumper came from.

***
Kathy,
She had a wild look in her eye. Which was barely visible under the stringy hair over her face. So I kept my mouth shut. It's not like I was safe inside T-Hoe!