Sunday, May 8, 2022

One Good Mistake Deserves Another

 The Pony was having a bad work day on Saturday. I sent him a text to cheer him up:

"Your dad just sent me a text: 'I'm leaving for suction.' Heh, heh!"

I had a reply within minutes:

"Haha you sent that to me"

"Dang it! Now I have to type it again for The Pony!"

So I did. And explained my predicament.

"Even funnier, I sent it to DAD instead of you. Like a manager-cake faux pas."

I think Farmer H enjoyed the wrong message more than the manager enjoyed the picture of The Pony's cake. I think Farmer H enjoyed The Pony's cake more than my text! Even though he was not meant to have either one.

2 comments:

River said...

I keep accidentally sending text messages to a son of my neighbour, instead of to "no-one", because I have the son's number in my phone under the neighbour's name, in case she has an accident and gets taken to hospital, she wants him to know. Anyway, neighbour and "no-one' have the same initial, so if I don't check before I send, I then have to re-send and send an apology to the son.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I hate it when that happens! I used to mistakenly send Genius's texts to my best old ex-teaching buddy Mabel, and she would reply, "I don't think that was meant for me."