Saturday, September 9, 2023

Farmer H Has Been Initiated Into The Club

Farmer H came through the kitchen door on Thursday afternoon with blood running down his arm.

"That dern dog! She jumped up and scratched me!"

"Welcome to the club! One more, and you'll tie me."

Scarlett ADORES Farmer H. Have I mentioned that? Pretty sure I have. Even though he has given her reason to be afraid.

"Last time I mowed, the mower shot out some gravel in her direction. Now she don't get so close to me when I'm on the mower."

Indeed. When Farmer H was mowing the front yard/field as I left for town, Scarlett was hunkered down behind the base of the basketball goal at the end of the garage. She didn't take her eyes off Farmer H, though. 

4 comments:

River said...

Awww, Scarlett was just giving him a hug. Or a big HELLO, GOOD MORNING, HOW ARE YOU, LET'S PLAY.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Scarlett is quite playful and full of energy, always leaping and bounding and prancing. I would prefer that she let it out romping with Jack and Copper Jack, rather than standing and watching them play while barking as an observer. Juno was an old dog, but she would still run around the yard with Jack, chasing and play-fighting and sometimes dragging him like a water-skier when he bit onto her tail and wouldn't let go.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Maybe he should get a puppy carrier and take her with him everywhere he goes! I did that with Sweet Emmy Lou (a whopping 6lbs) and she loved it, just being so close to me. Might be harder with Scarlett's size.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I think Scarlett might be around 25 pounds. Not as big as I expected her to get. She's smaller than my Dear Departed Juno. Farmer H might just as well wear her in a backpack. She ADORES him! When he comes home, I see her out the kitchen window, standing and listening to his voice.