Monday, September 25, 2023

The Pony Pulls His Weight

The Pony did not sit idle while waiting for Farmer H to stop by after his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2) business on Sunday, to help put together The Pony's new computer desk. I got a text around 1:30.

"Coming along! Skipping around and doing what I can before Dad gets here because working on it is easier than cleaning!"


"And there's no bossing!"

By 5:48, Farmer H had arrived home, and The Pony sent me a picture of the finished product.


It's in the living room, behind the couch, against the wall of The Pony's bedroom.


"Ooh! That's nice! Now you need a rolly chair."

"I'm gonna do an armchair. That one was just for Dad. Maybe I'll get an actual gaming chair at some point, but my plan is just moving in the blue chair from my bedroom. Gotta decide if I'm leaving the tower on the floor or having it up in the hutch part."

"That left corner of the hutch looks like it will be unused space, good for the tower."

"Yeah. Just depends on the airflow, and how the cables go."

I think that little project turned out well. No complaints from either party about a power struggle during construction.

4 comments:

River said...

It looks great! Is it from Ikea? I'd be leaving the tower on the floor behind the couch and snugged up against the desk, with all the cords out of the way behind it, the hutch will get filled with stuff soon enough.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That's a good idea for keeping the cords out of the way. I think The Pony ordered it from Office Max. There's one over in Bill-Paying Town, and I'm pretty sure that's where they picked it up. We don't have an Ikea around here. I'm guessing that if that was the place, it would have been shipped to his house.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Oh, River, he would still be trying to get it together if it was from Ikea! My son-in-law refuses to go there unles it is to eat in the cafeteria. He calls the place Icrapa. It is a nice set-up he has!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Now I'm glad we don't have an Ikea around here!