Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Four Wrongs Don't Make It Right

Sweet Gummi Mary! Farmer H is at it again! Shenaniganning me into apoplecticism!

On Monday, Farmer H brought home some plums that he got at the Senior Center. That's nice. He doesn't like plums. I said to put them on the cutting block. The cutting block that I cleaned off for our Labor Day grilling with The Pony. So no clutter.

Farmer H set that bag of plums on top of my butter knife! Not used for butter, but for chipping at the ice in FRIG II's freezer that likes to clump up and keep the ice maker from making. There I was, getting ice, wanting to knock some half-moon cubes loose, with nothing to use for prodding them. Oh. But when I moved the whole floppy bag of plums, there was my butter knife. He could have set that bag anywhere else on the cutting block besides the few square inches taken up by my butter knife.

That's relatively minor shenanigans, compared to what came next. Farmer H went down through the basement workshop to unlock the basement door. It has a deadbolt, and he can't open it from outside with a key. He wanted to carry in the power washer he had used on The Pony's house. The Pony is finally getting his fourth wall painted blue on Wednesday! Farmer H came back upstairs, went out the front door, and drove SilverRedO around to unload. I could hear him carrying stuff in. Then felt the vibration from the slamming of the door. He drove SilverRedO around front, then came back in to go downstairs and deadbolt the door again.

Next, Farmer H went over to the BARn to leave some items. I was still sitting at the kitchen table with HIPPIE, perusing the innernets. Until I wasn't. I tried to scroll down the page I had been on for a while, and it stopped! Said I didn't have an internet connection. Did I want to reconnect. Well, of course. But HIPPIE is set up to do that automatically.

I ran the troubleshooter, which told me to plug an ethernet cable into the back of my computer! The NOT-HEAVEN, you say! I'm not using a wired connection in my kitchen! I'm using that new expensive WiFi that got set up with two new routers!

I called Farmer H, and told him my predicament. 

"There ain't no reason it would quit working. All I did was carry in the power washer and close the door."

"Well, that's when the issue started. Seems like the last time this happened and I had to go downstairs myself to fix it, was another day you had come home before going to the auction, and been down in the basement."

"Huh. I can go down and unplug them. Maybe that guy didn't plug things in tight, and a wire fell out. I'm on my way in a few minutes. I'm going to mow for a while."

Farmer H went down and unplugged. Hopefully not the Wii gaming system, heh, heh! Within a couple minutes, HIPPIE was showing he had an internet lifeline again.

I'm kind of apprehensive about what Farmer H will try tomorrow. He's going to be underfoot in the morning, before leaving for a doctor's appointment.

4 comments:

River said...

apoplecticism! That's a mouthful!
Farner H needs to be more careful where he puts stuff in the basement so you don't lose your internet.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
He has very few spaces left to put things! It's almost as bad as his BARn and Freight Container Garage. I think the main reason for my disconnection was the vibration from him slamming the heavy metal door.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

ever helpful, just like mine!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
That's his actual excuse. "I'm just trying to HELP YOU."