Tuesday, September 5, 2023

The Proof Is In The Puddin'

Farmer H is always getting freebies. I know I don't have to prove it to you. You've heard plenty about his hauls here and on my not-so-secret blog. He's always showing up with something. Like Thursday evening, when I saw him taking four little styrofoam containers with lids out of a plastic bag, to put in FRIG II.

"What's that?"

"I got us some banana pudding!"

Well. That's just what he told me. Turns out he had a little more that he didn't mention. That being some peanut butter cookies, four, I think, each in a waxed-paper envelope. I only noticed because I saw him surreptitiously grabbing something off the cutting block, after I heard the rustling of the waxed paper. AND when I cleaned off the kitchen table for our Labor Day grill-out, I found two of them. Heh, heh. I just ate one. It was pretty tasty, even though a bit overdone. Just let Farmer H complain! Then I'll raise the question of  "How was I supposed to know, you never mentioned any cookies to ME!"

Anyhoo... on Thursday night, after supper, Farmer H opened up FRIG II.

"Don't forget the pudding! There's four of them."

"I saw them. I figured we'd each have two. One tonight and one tomorrow."

"I got mine right here."

When I looked, Farmer H was holding a big styrofoam container, like he brings home a sandwich or something meaty from the Senior Center. Which is where the pudding came from.

"Wait. I thought that was some kind of main course."

"Nope. It's my banana pudding!"

Huh. Looks like there's more Farmer H didn't tell me...

6 comments:

River said...

Did he bring home a giant serve for himself or did that big container also have four small containers in it? He's a sneaky one!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
He should have an unflattering song about him! Like that mean one, Mr. Grinch. "You're a sneaky one Farmer H..."

It was one large container of banana pudding. Nothing individual for him. I ate three of the others, one per evening, until that third one gave me a quite non-tasty bite. I guess the banana was going bad. I told Farmer H about it, and said I saved the last one for him. He ate it anyway, and confirmed that the banana was off. Heh, heh! Who's sneaky NOW???

At least I found (in plane sight on the kitchen table) two of his four cookies, and devoured them. I even left one of them on the cutting block overnight, but he didn't take it, so I figured it was fair game.

River said...

I like what you did there :)

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I find ways to retaliate!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Funny, he was willing to share the small portions of pudding and he shared the cookies in his own secret way ...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Farmer H always offers to share his freebies with me, except for those cookies! I don't mind, he's the one out there being charming to get stuff given to him.