Saturday, July 16, 2022

Alas, Poor Pony, We Knew You Fell

Today (July 15 as I write this) is the 1-year anniversary of The Pony's work-related broken ankle. I broke the news on my not-so-secret blog a few days after it happened. Because I was busy waiting on The Pony hand and hoof. Not that I begrudge him my tender loving care. 

Anyhoo... in honor of his fractured bone, The Pony allowed himself to take a day off. He didn't schedule it on the actual day, because he didn't want to cause a hardship for his colleagues who might already have been on the schedule for Friday off. He asked for it as the new schedule was being made. As I remember him saying, anyway. I don't understand how things work at the USPS. They don't run on a regular M-F work week.

I was going to text The Pony around 7:30 to see if he was home, and say, "Tomorrow off, huh?" Because I knew he would have been busy, with the Amazon Prime Day deliveries coming in, and to make sure nothing got changed. Imagine my surprise when I heard a text come in on my phone. I think The Pony and I have a psychic connection.

"Off work and home. Had a fall! Good foot caught on the rug getting up from my couch and I went down onto a shoebox."

"I was just thinking about texting you! Dang! Are you in your cups? Having a drink on your night before a day off?"

"No! Literally this was a couple minutes ago right as I got home! I haven't even touched my bad wine or the rum!"

Poor Pony. Next July 15, I think he should stay in bed, surrounded by pillows.

6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

It sounds like once The Pony finishes work, he should crawl into his house on his hands and knees so he doesn't have any more accidents.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Four "legs" are safer than two! I guess The Pony put a hoof wrong. Surely he can't blame one of those auction rugs that Farmer H gave him, or the shoes that I dropped off on last week.

River said...

I agree with Sioux and also that every year on July 15th he should stay home and swaddled like a cocoon, on his couch with the tv on. All day.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I worry about the "swaddle" part! Any loose thread could wrap about a finger or toe, and start a slow amputation!

This "swaddle" and "cocoon" remind me of a Young Pony story. I'm off to blog it!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Well, I can't even say that I tripped n a rug when I endured my recent calamity, but it does seem that the Pony is prone to accidents!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
The Pony hasn't smashed his face on a log yet, but he DID HAVE TWO INJURIES ON WEDNESDAY! That story will come along, maybe here, maybe there. Farmer H also pointed out The Pony's penchant for accident-proneness.