Saturday, July 23, 2022

Mrs. HM Is Firmly Convinced That Only 1 Person In 100 Knows How To Do A Job Correctly

Sweet Gummi Mary! Incompetence reigns! I am so glad that I don't live downwind from a nuclear reactor. I'd be glowing and setting off Geiger Counters to sound like participants' teeth chattering at a Polar Bear Plunge in January!

I won't even go into the misfortune of The Pony after his latest accident, let down by Convenient Care personnel in the application of bandages, prescribing of medicine, and then the disappearance into thin air of that medicine at a pharmacy. That's a tale for my not-so-secret blog, probably starting on Sunday.

Farmer H had his own difficulties. Off he went, bleary-eyed and gassy-tailed, cash in hand, to the city office to renew his business license. I know the paperwork was in order, because I filled it out myself.

"A couple weeks ago when I went in there, they told me the lady I needed to see was at the bank. So I got the paperwork and brought it home. Now today, I go back at 11:00, and they said that lady was not there. So I asked when she'd be back, and they said in a half hour. I told them I had somewhere I needed to be at 11:30. [Heh, heh, the Senior Center to get his $3 lunch] 
 
I went back at 1:00, and they said that lady was gone for the day. The gal I talked to said that lady is the only one who can handle the business licenses. She told me to leave my paperwork there, and then when I come back, my license will be all printed and ready, and I'll just have to pay the fee. What do you want to bet that lady will be out of the office when I go back?"

I'm a betting woman, but that's not one I'm willing to make!

I had my own problems with a pharmacy. I dropped off my new insurance card [fiscal year for schools starts July 1] on Wednesday, telling them to make a copy so it would be ready when I called in my refills. 

The next morning, I got a text that 1 of 3 prescriptions was ready. Huh. I didn't call in any prescriptions. So I called and asked if they were doing all 3, but was told it was too soon, and they couldn't be refilled until the 25th. Not a big deal, because I have enough to last past then.

Friday, I got in T-Hoe at the Gas Station Chicken Store, and saw a text that 3 of 3 prescriptions were ready for me. Huh. Only the 22nd, and I hadn't called in refills. I was headed right past the pharmacy on my way to Country Mart. Only two blocks away. So I went straight there. Indeed, all of my prescriptions were ready.

When I went to write down the receipt in my checkbook register over on the parking lot of Country Mart, I saw that it was $4 more than the last several months. Because they'd charged me for my generics, also, which should be free now, since I met my insurance deductible during my Unfortunate HospitVALzation. AND my insurance info from the school had assured us that our deductible would transfer to the new policy.

Now I have to decide who made the error. The pharmacy people? The insurance people? The school personnel? Not sure who I'm going to call first...

Oh, and then I went in Country Mart for bananas, a bottle of horseradish mustard, a bottle of tartar sauce, a roast beef sandwich, a turkey sandwich, and two pieces of cold fried chicken. That dang fool new cashier, old enough to know better, bagged my purchases in a most unusual manner.

She put the mustard and tartar sauce bottles in the bottom of a bag with 4 pounds of bananas. It was very heavy to be draped on my arm, cutting off circulation in my thin old-lady skin. AND she put the lightweight sandwiches and chicken in a bag by themselves, but TIED THE LOOPS SHUT! So it couldn't be draped on a thin-skinned old-lady arm!

People these days are nutty fruitcakes. And I don't mean in a delicious kind of way.

5 comments:

River said...

Only ONE person knows how to do the licences?? That is VERY POOR business practice. They need to train up at least one more, possibly two, to be able to have someone fill in when customers require it. Customers have lives outside and can't be expected to call in ONLY when that ONE person is available. And WHY doesn't she work a whole day?? Since she IS the only one who can do that particular job.

I suggest you keep an eye on the packers and tell them what to put in each bag! I did that myself just yesterday and the boy/man was thankful.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Fruitcake. There's only one in the world, and it keeps getting passed around from person to person--'cause nobody really likes it.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Tell me about it! It's the most ridiculous set-up! Here's the thing: even a city government job is STILL a GOVERNMENT job, and lots of murder is gotten away with. I don't know what she does all day, but it reminds me of the insurance rep who was never available when I called, but always "at lunch." Seems they regularly took 3-hour lunches there, from the results I got.

I DO need to tell them how to bag. My favorite young man was walking around taking back stuff to the shelves. He's the best bagger.

***
Sioux,
If it comes my way, Madam, that passing around will come to a screeching halt! I love fruitcake! I guess that makes me a... fruitcake!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Incompetance seems to be contagious.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I sure wish I knew who the super-spreader is!