Friday, July 1, 2022

Hillmomba Has Been De-Triangulated

Remember the missing electric bill and tax receipts? They have been found! 

Farmer H is off the hook for the second electric bill. The one he brought in from the mail was indeed for the Mansion, I discovered after checking the account number. The bill for the BARn was missing. But the next day, when I stopped to get the mail out of EmBee, it was there in a separate envelope. That's only happened one other time since we moved out here and started getting two bills. Not counting the time we never got a bill at all, so I didn't pay it, and discovered them PAST DUE on the next bills. Like I've said, if I don't get a bill, I don't think to pay it.

Anyhoo... I was relieved to tie up that loose end, and wrote out the check right then to mail the next day. The tax receipts waited a while. Since Farmer H wasn't in a hurry to go get T-Hoe's license renewed, it waited until June 28th, the night before Farmer H planned to go to the license office. I commanded instructed asked him to remind me before he went to bed, to go down to the basement and look for those 2021 and 2020 tax receipts. Of course he did not. Lucky for me it popped into my noggin about 10:30 p.m. So down to my lair I went.

I pulled open the drawer where I'd told Farmer H to look. The top drawer, where he'd plucked the regular envelope that I'd put the tear-off receipts in, and the ONE large sheet mailed back by the Circuit Clerk. In that drawer, I saw two envelopes from the lake development where we pay a yearly usage fee for our lot. Envelopes hand-written on by me, labeling them 2021, and 2020. Under those two envelopes were the two tiny slide-in envelopes with the small receipt cards for our personal property and real estate taxes. One labeled 2021, and the other labeled 2020. Right there where I said they'd be.

I took those receipts upstairs, and put them on the bowl of bananas, with the inspection form and Missouri DOR notice card for T-Hoe. Farmer H never misses his morning banana!

Anyhoo... Farmer H got the license for T-Hoe for the next two years. Though he complained that I forgot to give him my insurance card for proof of insurance. Well. He never told me he needed that! It's been years since I went to renew licenses by myself. So I did not remember it was necessary. I didn't read the notice card, because I knew Farmer H was taking care of it.

Don't you worry about Farmer H! He said the gal looked it up online, and saw that we indeed have insurance on T-Hoe. Farmer H came home and put the stickers on T-Hoe's license plates. So he is legal beginning July 1.

Nothing is currently missing in Hillmomba.

6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Nothing is missing... except pics of Farmer H in his poolio suit...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Perhaps I can get you a framed 8x10 glossy photo, Madam! Autographed. I have connections. Though first I must buy some anti-nausea medicine, and tape my phone screen, lest it shatter further upon exposure to such a sight.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I knew you would find it! HeWho will save the receipts and all the stuff to file taxes .... in no articular order. I cannot seem to impress him with labeled file folders! Won't put those receipts in files, but decides to buy a label maker and label my pantry items. Thank goodness for the fishing license! That should occupy him for awhile.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I have the places I keep the important stuff, and explaining exactly where those receipts should be, you'd think Farmer H could lift up two envelopes, not just take the one on top! Farmer H has stuff for his "business" squirreled away in assorted places where he will forget. Then I have to wait on him for account numbers and such to send in his sales tax, and local business license fees.

Too bad you're not closer. Farmer H could get HeWho all set up with fishing equipment! Poles, lures, tackle box... for a fee, of course. At least 50 cents more than he paid for them.

River said...

So everything is once again shipshape, hunky-dory and legal in Hillmomba. Good to know.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The electricity is humming, and I dare a cop to pull me over! I have documentation, by cracky!