Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Nitpickers VS Shortcutters

In the tradition of Hatfields vs McCoys, tenants vs landlords, customers vs proprietors, and Mrs. HM vs FedEx... The Pony has drawn a line in the sand. Or more specifically, The Pony has drawn a line in the drywall.

Tuesday evening, Farmer H was bobbing around Poolio in a little floaty seat that he bought himself instead of a raft. I heard his phone making noises, but I don't mess with Farmer H's phone. When he came in, I told him.

"Huh. The Pony is sending me a picture. It's downloading."

"Funny. He didn't send ME a picture! I hope nothing is wrong with his car or his house."

"Oh, now he's just nitpicking!"

"What?"

"In his house. It's a picture. He says there are two little holes in the drywall that must have got missed when we painted."
 
 
"Let me see. Where are they supposed to be? I don't see any holes." [NOW I see them, on HIPPIE's screen, but on a phone, they are not noticeable. Farmer H says they look like maybe the drywall screws popped out.]

"I don't know. There and there, maybe?"

"I still don't see anything. Do you even know what room that is?"

"No."

"I guess from the paint you could tell. It's not the accent wall."

"That's the off-white color. It would have to be in the living room, or in Pony's bedroom. Because those are the only two rooms where I didn't put in new drywall."

"Be nice. He just wants his house to look good. Though I'd say if he hasn't been keeping up with the clutter, nobody is going to notice two little holes that you can't even see. But be nice."

"I will. I'll fix it tomorrow when I go over to mow the yard."

"Some people just stuff wet tissue in holes, and then smooth it out."

"Some people use toothpaste. But a little drywall mud will do it."

I really hope Farmer H does not rub his filthy thumb across The Pony's toothpaste to fill in those holes!

7 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Maybe he should show Pony how to fix little things ..... strike that, I have witnessed HeWho try to instruct our children.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Sweet Gummi Mary! I can imagine how something like that would go. Farmer H would describe the process like he explains other things to us: using the same words over and over, getting louder each time! The Pony avoids conflict, and would just get quieter and quieter and stop asking questions, giving monosyllabic replies.

Sioux Roslawski said...

These days, hipsters use Youtube to find out how to fix things.

Just sayin'...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes, Madam, the hipsters who actually have an urge to fix things themselves.

River said...

If Farmer H likes to fix walls I've got some that are cracked from top to bottom...

River said...

Perhaps if The Pony watches Farmer H do the fixing, he'll learn how to do it for himself.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Farmer H LIKES to fix walls for spending money! He charges Bev by the hour, and I think he also charges her gas money for extra trips more than just there and back. So I'm afraid the cost would be prohibitive for him to commute to fix your walls! He does it free for The Pony, but that doesn't mean he LIKES it!

River 2,
You can lead The Pony to learning how, but you cannot make him fix!