Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Can't Say I Was Surprised

You may recall from yesterday that Farmer H's pharmacy did not have his medication that was supposed to be ready, per their text. They told me in person that they had to order it, and to come back tomorrow. In fact, they even advised me to come back after 2:00, when they returned from their daily lunch from 1:30 to 2:00. Later that evening, Farmer H got a text that his refill had been ordered, and should be ready the next day, after 10:30 a.m.

Farmer H had to get out of the Mansion anyway to get a blood draw. He said he'd stop by the pharmacy to get his refill. The Pony was his chauffeur. 

It was shortly after noon when Farmer H went into CeilingReds. They told him his prescription was not ready. Not because he was there too early, but because THE MEDICINE DIDN'T COME IN. They told him to try back the next day!

"You told my wife it would be here today. I got a text saying it would be ready."

"Yes. We can't help it that the medicine wasn't delivered."

"I took my last one this morning. I need that medicine. Don't you have a few pills you can give me?"

"Well. We have 37 pills in the back. We can give you a 30-day refill."

So Farmer H paid the $169 for 30 pills. I suppose he can always try for the 90-day supply next month, to save some money.

Of course nobody bothered to notify us that the medication did not come in. So I would have shuffled in there after 2:00, expecting 90 pills, and after being ignored for 10-15 minutes, would have been told to "come back tomorrow."

I wonder if the employees have a secret pool, where they bet on how many days in a row they can make a customer come back.

5 comments:

River said...

That pharmacy should be told DO NOT SEND TEXTS UNLESS THE MEDICATION IS THERE!
Didn't you just pay for and get 90 pills a couple of posts ago? That's not 90 days ago, Farmer H shouldn't have run out already.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Having worked in a pharmacy and understanding how things get ordered in a timely fashion .... I cry bull$hit. Somebody dropped the ball and didn't do their job. The pharmacist will input the desired stock level and it is ordered automatically. Say you have only three patients on a certain drug, and another RX comes in for he same drug, you would input the desired amount plus 1 so that it would automatically be on that evening's order. I know this because it was my job to make sure the order was processed every evening before I left. You don't want too many on hand because it will eventually be out of date and have to be pulled from the shelf, but you must make sure that you have enough for patients depending on that RX. It is a fine line to balance, but it can be done! In addition, you can do a special order if your warehouse is currently out or running low and get it straight from the vendor. Should be idiot proof, but if someone fails to do their part ......

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I agree! Or at least say they THINK it will be there by a certain time. Problem is, nobody answers the phone, so you can't call and check. It's that dang automated system.

I said I would take the 90 day supply, and they said they had to order it, and it would be there the next day. So I didn't pay for anything yet. Then when Farmer H went, they said it didn't come in. So they didn't have a 90 day supply.

***
Kathy,
They all SEEM so busy doing nothing there! Not ACTUAL nothing, but pacing around with a bag in their hand, like they're waiting for someone else to wait on the customer. It's like a Public Employee Standoff, which I know OH SO WELL from working at the Missouri Division of Employment Security for five years! It wouldn't surprise me that somebody "forgot" to make that order. Maybe they just sent out the text!

I agree it's bull$shit. Mhy own pharmacy has sent somebody across town to get it from another of their chain. There's one of Farmer H's pharmacy less than 5 miles away. Nobody offered that option.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

There was Target across the street from my Walmart and we would borrow from them, or them from us. Sounds like the staff at the Farmer H pharmacy spends all their time trying to avoid work.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I think they each want to do less than the other!