Sunday, March 26, 2023

Where Oh Where

I am concerned about my Sweet, Sweet Juno. I have not seen her since I came home Wednesday evening, and then developed my fever. Farmer H put out food for the dogs as usual. He couldn't find Juno on Thursday to give her the can of food. In fact, even early in the week, she would not come to the back porch when I called her for it. But she would come to the side porch as I left, and I'd put it in her regular food dish.

Anyhoo... on Thursday evening, Farmer H was worried that maybe he had locked her in the BARn when he was over there re-setting the thermostat. So he went out to start up the Gator and drive over, and Juno came running. So she got her canned food.

I did not see her on the porch all day Friday. Didn't hear her bark when the other dogs did. She didn't come running on Saturday when I came home from town. Farmer H said he smelled her, but didn't see her. Meaning he smelled pee from her walking by, I guess. But who knows how old that was.

We have not seen her in her regular house, nor in the houses at the end of the porch outside our bedroom. No barking. Jack was lying in her sunny spot on the back porch Saturday noonish. 

I'm going to have Farmer H start up the Gator, and see if that brings her. And look in the buildings he's been in since he last saw her.

Farmer H said she might have just gone off by herself, knowing it was the end... That's what our old dog Grizzly did. We found him stretched out on the gravel of Shackytown Boulevard when returning home from the first day of school. I hope Juno's heart was not broken from not seeing me for several days.

2 comments:

River said...

Oh no! I hope you find her, I hope she comes running when the gator starts up. I hope she isn't hiding somewhere in pain unable to get to you.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Update tomorrow.