Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Wasting Away Again In WeDon'tCareHereVille

A more blatant provider of poor customer service I have never seen than Farmer H's pharmacy. Once again, I was left cooling my heels at the counter while they went about their oh-so-important business of ignoring me, chatting with each other, and pretending they were just a warehouse fulfilling orders. Full of themselves, wondering aloud if a certain drug could be sent by FedEx. Grousing about what a day they'd had. All while I stood patiently at the Pick-Up section of the counter, right in front of them!

Last time I checked, this was a chain pharmacy that has walk-in business. Seems more like they give their customers the business, as Beaver Cleaver might say.

I know I wasn't in the wrong place. The only other choices were COVID Registration, and Consult a Pharmacist. Yet apparently I was as invisible as Barbara and Adam Maitland in Beetlejuice. Walking back and forth in front of me, stapling bags. I'm pretty sure no bag would have complained, had they taken 10 seconds to greet me and inquire as to my purpose there.

FINALLY the older of the two deigned to cast over her shoulder, "I'll be with you in a minute."

She stopped about three feet to my right, grabbed a stapler from the counter, and promptly dropped it. Heh, heh! Is it wrong of me to have trouble containing my glee? But for appearances sake, I gasped.

"OH NO! That didn't land on your foot, did it?" 

Although I knew full well that it DID. I heard the thump, and that was not metal hitting linoleum. She grabbed a second stapler as I held my breath. Dang it. No dropping this time.

"I'm sorry. I'm just ready for this day to be over. My back is hurting."

"My husband just had back surgery." [Take THAT, you self-pitying ignoramous!]

The linebacker gal from a couple days ago was the other wanderer. She had stopped her pacing, and said to me, "You just had back surgery?"

"No. My husband."

StapleToe looked past me, and asked somebody to help a lady who had been sitting in the waiting area. So I was summarily dismissed from that register bay, and left to belly up in no-man's-land further down the counter.

"That's right. Hillbilly. Farmer H. I KNEW I remembered you from the other day. That's Farmer H's wife." It was the very nice lady who had helped me the first time, but was sadly gone when I returned for Farmer H's promised meds. She stepped around from the tall dividing wall shielding the pill-pullers.

Well. Farmer H must be royalty at CeilingReds. He should be. He spends enough money there. Besides, he seems to have a county-wide harem just falling all over themselves to help him. The two HM-shunners suddenly changed their tune. They were falling all over themselves to help me, knowing that I had connections!

The Linebacker got on the computer, and looked up Farmer H's prescription for Jardiance. He had gotten a text that it would be ready after 10:30 a.m. It was now 4:00 p.m. No record of the prescription. After I named it, and said he had gotten a text, The Linebacker found a message about it. Not filled. Did he want 30 days or 90? He said either. She said it would be $468 for 90. And $169 for 30. So I said he'd take the 90, and she said they'd have to order it, and it would be in tomorrow. Sure...

Anyhoo... Farmer H has to go to a lab for a blood draw, and says he might just stop in himself. Heh, heh! He needs to read them the riot act for being rude to his wifey!

4 comments:

River said...

$468 for 90 pills? That's just over $5 per pill! Wowser!
And how is there no record of the prescription which should have been there hours ago?
Those lackadaisical girls need a fire lit under them.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
This prescription, and his Trulicity, cost an arm and a leg. Farmer H needs to be an octopus crossed with a centipede! For a few months of the year, he gets them cheaper, because the deductible has been met, and he's out of the "gap," as they call it with medicare.

Funny how they can never find a prescription until I mention it by name, and reveal that we have gotten a text, or been told by another worker! Then it magically appears. There's more to this story...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

No record of it? And no-one bothered to check the fax machine or the physician phone-in line? Now you make me wonder which chain this is! As you know, I use Walmart. Mainly because I know how the system works and there are Walmarts everywhere. If you find yourself out of pills and are away from home, they will happily transfer the prescription and fill it for you. If they aren't happy to do so, I insist on the attention of the manager. When I was sick with the flu, my provider called my meds to Walgreens that is close to my home. One that she called in was for a maintenance drug I take. So I asked Walmart to transfer it so that I didn't have to go to Walgreens. When they finally got someone to answer the phone after 45 minutes of calling, they were told I am not in their system. I had to call my provider and have her call it in to Walmart. I will never go back to Walgreens!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
You have already named the chain, and it ain't Walmart! I don't know how they "suddenly" find the prescription when I provide more details about what I've been told. You'd think it should pop up under the name and birthdate of the customer!