Friday, March 10, 2023

Food Fit For A Pony

The Pony is reveling in a full larder. He sent a text Wednesday evening, having done his shopping while Farmer H was at the Senior Center on Tuesday.

"I bought so much food yesterday while Dad was Senior Center lunching that I'm spoiled for choce on what to cook! Chicken of several kinds! Steak! Two kinds of fish! Salad, garlic breads, and tortillas! Rice and spices! Garlic knots, and a positive plethora of pastas, with and without meat! It just relies on having the energy to cook and knowing what I want!"

Well. He made a decision for Thursday supper.


Steak and garlic knots. Looks like he got his steak done just the way he likes it this time.


Bon appetit!

4 comments:

River said...

I like the look of the garlic knots. I might try making those instead of a loaf of bread next time I'm in the mood for baking.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The Pony hasn't progressed to making his own bread yet, but I'm sure you are capable of making garlic knots! At least he is preparing meals, rather than having them delivered.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Does the Pony have a George Foreman grill? I love mine, gets the steaks done just right. Maybe he would like a bread making machine. Seems like he is a big bread eater and they are so easy to use. He is turning into a self sufficient man. You did a good job!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
No George Foreman grill, but I think it's more likely that The Pony would use one than a regular gas or charcoal grill. He loves when Farmer H grills steaks.

I have a standing offer to pay for a breadmaker for The Pony. It was supposed to be a Christmas present for the past 2 years. All The Pony has to do is pick one up at the Devil's Playground. Maybe I should order one for him. We used to use our Breadman all the time when he lived at home. I liked the crusts, and he and Farmer H liked the middle. As a true BUTTERTON, The Pony LOVES hot bread and butter. Kerrygold, of course.