Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The Mending Continues

Farmer H is well enough to go to the auction again. He had contemplated an earlier outing, but confessed that he really wasn't up to sitting on those chairs for an extended period. The auction he went to on Monday night was one of the far-away, longer auctions he frequents. He left home at 4:30, and returned at 9:00. With treats!


That's three of the four bags he bought. I am no stranger to Ghirardelli Chocolates. However, I WAS pleasantly un-introduced to this gingerbread version!

"Here, try one," said Farmer H, setting an open bag in front of me.

"Eww! That doesn't even sound good!"

"They're pretty good."


Farmer H went to take off his back brace, and said he was going to bed. That bag of Ghirardelli Gingerbread Squares sat there mocking me. After an hour or so, I reached in and tore open a square. It looked like a Nestle's Crunch. Milk chocolate, with little crunchy bits embedded. I took a bite.

YUCK! That was not good. But then I took another bite. Huh. Not too bad. And another. Well. This tasted pretty good. After the last bite, I considered the flavor. Yuck. I really didn't like it all that much.

I would have had another after supper on Tuesday. But Farmer H had taken the open bag to put beside his recliner for an afternoon snack. I don't like them well enough to get up and go get one. Or expend the effort to open another bag.

2 comments:

River said...

I like chocolate and I like gingerbread, but I don't think they'd go well together.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The thought of them right now has my stomach doing cartwheels.