Wednesday, March 1, 2023

The PharmaGoRound

Sweet Gummi Mary! The repercussions of Farmer H's medical lackadaisicality are far-reaching! As I mentioned yesterday, he left me to refill his injectable weekly medicine, but was out of refills. After my brow-beating yesterday over daring to walk in and be the only customer, asking for a service they provide (allegedly) at CeilingReds... I was reluctant to subject myself to such abuse on Tuesday. So I called. 

A MORE UNPLEASANT PHARMACY CHAIN I HAVE NEVER DEAL WITH THAN CEILINGREDS!

From 1:10 to 1:25, I was on the phone. From 1:10 to 1:24 with a recording.

"Tell me in words what you would like to do. You may say a phrase, like 'order a refill,' or 'check on a refill,'--

"Check on a refill."

"What is the phone number?"

"Blah Blah Blah (Farmer H's phone number)"

"I don't see any record of a prescription for that phone number. Would you like to try another phone number?" 

"No."

"What else can I help you with?"

"Talk to a person."

"What do you want to talk to them about?"

"Fax to doctor."

"Our fax number is: blah blah blah."
"What else can I help you with?"

"Talk to a person."

"What do you want to talk to them about?"

"Contacting a doctor."

"Can we affirm that you are a subscriber or a physician?"

"I am not."

"Just say yes or no."

"NO!"

"What else can I help you with?"

"Talk to a person!"

"What do you want to talk to them about?"

"Prescription problem."

"I can connect you with a person who can help you."

"All lines are busy at this time. This pharmacy is closed from 1:30 to 2:00 Monday thru Friday. The pharmacy is open until 6:00 p.m. All lines are busy at this time. You may stay on the line or hang up and call again later."

I stayed on the line! Then got a grumpy person named Stephanie.

"I am calling about a refill for Farmer H Hillbilly that I dropped off yesterday, and you needed to fax his nurse practitioner."

"Okay. Let's see. We have not heard anything back."

"But the fax was sent?"

"Yes."

"So it will probably be at least tomorrow before it's ready?"

"Um. Sure..."

I have a feeling Farmer H will be dealing with this himself when he gets home from the hospital. Nothing wrong with his voice or his phone hand!

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

How dare you want someone to do their job!! The automated voice is at least neutral. Since I already am in charge of The Patient's meds, it wasn't an added task for me while he was down. I had to deal with garbage and other mundane chores that I just don't want to do.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
The automated voice may be neutral, but it got a rise out of me! I am now on dog-feeding duty, which I do not enjoy at 6:30 a.m., walking down the steps and into the garage. I don't mind the garbage so much. It's not every day.

River said...

As a person who does not live in your country am I allowed to be so utterly outraged that I want to punch something? I was going to type someone, but my fist won't reach across the oceans.
Your system sucks.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, be outraged! At least if you punch something, you might get treatment and medication in a timely manner. You'll really want to punch something after reading my experience picking up Farmer H's hospital meds, told on my not-so-secret blog.