Thursday, March 2, 2023

Dishwasherless Houses

When The Pony and The Veteran showed up at the Mansion on Monday at 3:45 a.m. to transport Farmer H to the city for his back surgery... I didn't know for sure which door they were going out. I had unlocked both the kitchen door, which we mostly use, and the front door, which is more formal, and turned on both porch lights. They both had come in the front, but Farmer H had parked his rolling little suitcase with his breather (they requested he bring) in the kitchen.

"If you go out the kitchen door, don't mind those dishes on the counter. I wash my dishes in the afternoon."

The Pony didn't miss a beat. "I wash my dishes on the weekend."

So droll, that Pony!

Sorry, that's all I've got today. Farmer H is back home. I spent 2.5 hours taking care of him, then he took his pain med and went to bed. So I'm pretty exhausted. Mainly from worry, and trying to coordinate his travels and procure his meds and food so I won't have to leave him for long over the next few days.

I might adopt The Pony's dishwashing schedule!

4 comments:

River said...

Do you have a dishwasher? I don't but still only wash my dishes once a day. I know people who only wash dishes when the kitchen is so stacked they can't see the counters, the table, half the floor space.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Nope. I've had an empty space under the counter for a dishwasher since the Mansion was built 25 years ago. But no dishwasher. Sometimes I have to wash them more than once a day, depending on how many pans I use. They take up space while waiting. The Pony might be one of those people...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I am without the aid of a dishwasher myself and have the only hands capable, or so it seems. I have been know to let them sit as long as two days. Don't tell anyone.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Your secret is safe with me!