Friday, June 4, 2021

And Now, In A Totally Shocking Change Of Subject...

Nah! I'm lying. Bait-and-switch. I fished you in, but now I'm on the same old topic:
 
NOBODY THESE DAYS CAN DO A JOB RIGHT! 

I know you all have advice for me, but I just can't follow through. When my fast-food order is messed up, I am loathe to give the incompetent staff a second chance to... oh... I don't know... POISON ME? I have a few places that I go to regularly. I don't want to get the reputation of THAT customer. Even though I'm in the right.

Burger King is the latest hotbed of slackers. Thursday is my Burger King day. ALL WEEK, I looked forward to my Whopper and my chocolate shake. It's not like they're preparing one of those puffer fish that needs the poison sac cut out of it. It's putting a burger on a bun, and mixing chocolate syrup with ice cream.

I was the only car in line. I ordered. The guy seemed to grasp what I wanted. It was correct on the screen. He repeated it back.

"Drive around. Pay at the second window."

I drove around. Nobody was ahead of me. I went directly to the second window. It was the order guy, wearing clear plastic gloves.

"Are you the Whopper and chocolate shake?"

"Yes."

Seriously? Did he think I cut line during the drive-around? I was the only customer! He took my debit card. Siphoned the invisible money off of it. Then handed it back.

"Thank you. Have a nice day."

Seriously? It's like he expected me to drive off! I wasn't fooled. I sat tight, waiting on the food I just paid for.

He handed me the bag. Then the Diet Coke. I KNEW I should have ordered it without ice, like I've done the past two weeks. But I'm trying to conserve FRIG II's ice, so The Pony has plenty to take in his water jug. When I got home, the cup was 3/4 ice, and the rest Diet Coke. But that doesn't even make my complaint list! I'm just tellin' ya!

I waited and waited for the shake. The kid took another order. Then he handed it out the window. To my credit, I DID question him.

"Why is it so watery?"

No answer. He completely ignored me. It's not like I would have taken a replacement. They don't make them within my line of sight! So I drove off. But here's the deal: There was no whipped cream on my shake! It's standard. It comes with whipped cream. All they do is shoot it out of the metal can with a nozzle, just the the cans you get at the grocery store. It's not like they're using a chilled metal bowl on ice to whip actual cream.

A couple times they've asked if I wanted whipped cream. One day I did not. And my shake came with a flat lid, like a soda cup lid. But THIS shake had the bubble top lid. So I had all that empty bubble space with no whipped cream, and when I tilted the cup to drink through my straw (which rolled around the edge, not having the criss-cross in the flat lid, nor the blob of whipped cream) to hold it in place. Some shake got into the crack where the lid connected, and a tiny drip got onto my shirt. It was WATERY on top, you know. I guess they made it first, and let it sit there while cooking my Whopper.

I always get my Whopper with no lettuce. Oh, I had no lettuce alright. As well as NO ONION! Yet the wrapper was only marked with the line through the lettuce box. The fries were put in the bag sideways. You know how the little box has that semicircular scoop in the cardboard in the front? That was face down on my Whopper. So instead of a couple of "bag fries," there were 10. Good thing The Pony wasn't home to carry it in for me and claim the bag fries!
 
I was a bit later than usual. I get there before 3:00, but this time it was 4:45. So I've made a mental note to get there BEFORE the school kids start their shift. Except it's SUMMER! Graduation is over. So those teenage slackers can work ANY HOURS!
 
It's going to be a long summer...

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

It's gonna be a whopper of a summer. BK used to say, "Have it your way." I guess now it's THEIR way.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Burger King used to SING "Have it your way." I meant to reference my belief that they've rescinded that policy, but I suppose my fit of pique precluded me from going down that wild pig trail.

I could have stopped by there today, for just a shake. I considered it, but the thought of that monstrosity they served me was too fresh on my mind.

River said...

You might get lucky and someone from Burger King will read this and caution their slackers to do the job properly.
Or not.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Heh, heh! I'll guess NOT. Even worse, the buddy of Farmer H who runs the Hillmomba Hardee's left them last week! To work at a used car lot! Now my complaints will fall on deaf ears. Namely, those of Farmer H, which really ARE deaf.