Wednesday, June 30, 2021

That Pain In Your Rumpus Just Might Be Mrs. HM

Now that he's making a living, The Pony is making use of his local bank account. He's going to need checks, much to his horror. Not EVERYTHING can be paid online or with plastic. In my opinion, anyway. I was looking at the bank website the other day, and I swear it said THE LOBBY IS NOW OPEN! 

So whenever The Pony has a day off, he can go in and order checks. Or I could show him where I order online. He's probably prefer it that way. But just the thought of the bank lobby being open again has got me conspiring.

Remember how they let me make an appointment to come in and redeem my savings bonds? And THEN they said the next time that I could NOT come in. Like suddenly savings bonds were not worthy of an appointment. Even though their website showed plenty of 15-minute time blocks available for appointments. 

Of course they messed up my deposit and paperwork the first time I did that transaction at the drive-thru, and I had to drive around to the front of the bank, and a teller had to come out with my paperwork for signing. Didn't help themselves much by REJECTING ME!

Anyhoo... I told Farmer H that I'm feeling contrary.

"I have SIX bonds that need redeeming. I've been putting it off, because the bank always makes me mad. Now that the lobby is open again, I guess I can take in three, then do the other three the next week. I don't want to stand there for 30 minutes while they're fiddling around. I can't imagine how long it would take for all six, and how much they could mess it up.

You know what? I feel like going to the drive-thru with my bonds. I can sit and listen to the radio. I bet they tell me, 'You need to come inside to redeem these bonds.' Heh, heh! I WISH they'd try that. So I could say, 'Oh, no. You told me before that it can be done at the drive-thru, and I didn't need to come in. In fact, you canceled my appointment the MORNING OF my appointment. So I'll just stay parked here. The other customers can come inside if they don't want to wait.' Would that be wrong?"

"Well, they told you to do it that way before. So it's their own fault."

I doubt I'll have the nerve to actually go through with it. But it's one of my top revenge fantasies at the moment.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Oh, I would. I'd bring a book, something to eat, a beverage, I'd have decent music playing... perhaps a pillow to nap with if the wait is really long.

After all, you're just following their directions...

River said...

It's a good fantasy, but I'd suggest phoning the bank and asking if they are actually open for business, then go in if they are and drive-thru if they are not.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
You had me at PILLOW! This reminds me of a car-buying quest. I may tell that story sometime...

***
River,
Gosh. I might as well follow all the rules, and not bend them for my own amusement. What kind of life is THAT? It takes the willy-nilly-ness out of living!