Friday, June 25, 2021

Can't Reach The Mailbox For The Trees

When Farmer H questioned why I parked over by the creek, on the wrong side of our gravel road, for him to get out and pick up the mail...

THIS is where he WANTED me to park:

 
That's the spot on the right side of the gravel road, where I park T-Hoe for ME to get out and walk across the blacktop road to get the mail. The perspective doesn't do it justice. Those trees are so close that the door will bang into them before it opens to the first notch. The ground is WOODS ground. Dead leaves and roots and uneven footing, sunken down from the gravel about a foot.

Of course Farmer H wanted me to park over there so he could get out for the mail. Because by parking across by the creek, in a logical spot for him to get the door open and have gravel under his feet... I was not letting him control me!

I should have moved over like he wanted. Except I don't want dents in T-Hoe's door.

2 comments:

River said...

From that spot pictured, where are the mailboxes?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The mailboxes are across the blacktop road you can see behind T-Hoe's mirror. Directly in front of T-Hoe. You can see the reflection of the gravel road in the mirror.

When Farmer H rode with me, I was parked on the left side of our gravel road, where the creek is out my window, and the passenger door opens onto the gravel road.