Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Quest For Phone

The Pony is PHONED-UP again! If you thought my tale of adding him to my Sprint account was exhausting (the PROCESS, people, NOT my tale!), then you might have slipped into a coma after enduring The Pony and Farmer H's Quest for Phone.
 
They left home at 3:30 a.m. Farmer H was released from his medical procedure at 9:30. By 9:40, The Pony had LOST the carefully handwritten user name, password, and PIN that I had given him on a 3x5 note card. So I had to text it to him. Not something you want floating around out there in the invisible electronical cloud juju record. But whatcha gonna do?
 
The Pony had done some research on the new phone he wanted. It was out of stock EVERYWHERE that I looked. Meaning the local store, the one Farmer H prefers near the city, and three stores within 2 miles of where Farmer H was having his procedure. The Pony found one slightly on the way home, that said IN STOCK.
 
The Sprint stores didn't open until 10:00. The Pony said they were going to get something to eat. I imagined a pancake house, or perhaps a McDonald's. Only later did I find out that they went to TED DREWES! So my blog buddy River can understand the magnitude of this revelation... that's a FROZEN CUSTARD stand! I guess it's not any worse for breakfast than what they usually eat...
 
Anyhoo... The Pony said the people at the Sprint store told him about that discount for trading in a repaired broken phone. AND they directed him to a store that did it RIGHT THEN. So he decided to take that deal, and he and Farmer H went BACK to the city, for phone repair. It took a couple hours. 
 
Then it was back to buy his new phone. Of course they had to load all his apps and contacts on the new one. Farmer H sent a text that it was taking FOREVER. At 2:00, The Pony estimated that they might be home by 4:00. But at 4:00, it was only 33% done. Farmer H had wanted Chinese buffet on the way home, but he was famished. I guess TED DREWES doesn't stick to the ribs.
 
They left the phone and went to RED LOBSTER to eat. When they went back, the phone had barely transferred any more. So the  people stopped it, and started it again. My eyes glazed over here, but they got all the contacts. Not the apps or the messages that The Pony had hoped to keep.

He got a screen protector and a case. He said he remembered to set his wake-up alarm. Then he took a two-hour soak in the big triangle tub. I'm sure he's exhausted, yet elated.

Now I will wait for the bill to arrive, to see what scams Sprint is trying to pull this time. I have The Pony's receipts and contract that were emailed to me (MY account, you know!). So I WILL be comparing. That trade-in $500 discount better show up! They said the only way to get it was to pay for the phone monthly, and not buy it outright. I think it's easier to hide their scam charges that way...

I really hate getting a new phone. Even when I'm not paying, and I don't have to learn how to use it.

4 comments:

River said...

He LOST it? How?? Didn't he put it into his wallet where it would be safe?
Frozen custard does have dairy, so I guess it could be acceptable, but still not for breakfast. a breakfast dessert maybe, after eating something with protein and fibre. I've heard about Red Lobster on a TV show I watch, Young Sheldon, the junior version of Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory. We don't have a Red Lobster here, but if one does open I'll be trying it out. I like lobster.
I hate getting a new phone too, my current one is about six years old and still going strong, so I don't have to worry about a new one just yet.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I have no idea how he "lost" it! Between the Mansion, and A-Cad in the garage! I don't know if he stuck it in some stuff or what. He took his laptop along, and he had the last Sprint bill in case they needed to verify the account number. Farmer H said he asked about the passwords, and The Pony said, "I can't find it."

The breakfast conspiracy thickens! They actually went to McDonald's for breakfast, where Farmer H got the two for $4 or something breakfast sandwiches, the Sausage Egg and Cheese McMuffin. The Pony got the Hotcakes and Sausage breakfast meal.

I know they left the medical facility at 9:30. Then had breakfast. Then at noon they had frozen custard. Farmer H had a banana split, and The Pony has some special thing that looked like a sundae, that another customer asked him about so she could get one.

THEN around 3:00, Farmer H said he was STARVING! So they went to Red Lobster at 4:00. It's a chain restaurant. I'm sure there's better seafood to be had almost ANYWHERE else besides landlocked Missouri! It's been years since I went there, but I DID like their slaw, and the Cheddar Bay Biscuits, which you can buy in a box mix now, and some kind of fish or shrimp. I've never had lobster, and don't want to try it!

I've never gotten a new phone unless the old one broke! Genius always took our upgrades as soon as they were available.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Ted Drewes... Right down the street from my school.

And Farmer H... All he has to do is pull out his hose? Hmmmm.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Interesting how your mind works, Madam! I'm no Sigmund Freud, more of a Hillbilly Fraud, but I think perhaps you wish Farmer H was down the street from you, with his hose...