Tuesday, June 15, 2021

It's An Epidemic!

An epidemic of POOR SERVICE! The Service Industry might need to change its name to the Take Your Chances Industry. Maybe you'll get what you asked for. Maybe you won't. Mrs. HM is not the only customer affected!

Farmer H went halfway to the city on Monday. Up around where he used to work. He stopped by White Castle on the way home, for lunch. If you've never had a White Castle burger, my take on them is that they're the original slider. Not just for their size. For their GREASINESS! Of course that's what makes them delicious to me! That grease forming a jelly-like layer between the square burger with holes in it, and the little square bun. Then there's the fried diced onions that also soak up grease from the griddle. Mmm! Genius isn't allowed to eat them if he's going to be in the Mansion. His digestive system has a toxic way of processing these "Belly Bombers."

Anyhoo... Farmer H gave away his secret White Castle visit by COMPLAINING! 

"I ordered 4 White Castles with cheese, onion rings, and a Diet Coke with no ice. I got 4 White Castles with cheese, FRIES, and a Diet Coke WITH ICE!"

"Well, did you go in and complain about it?"

"No. I was already down the highway when I noticed."

I'm guessing there was also at least one other dissatisfied customer! Probably got the orders switched. Or else they were just as competent as the workers I encounter. 

Another thing! I have been enjoying the Country Mart deli chicken salad sandwich lately. It's chicken salad on a croissant, served on a leaf of romaine lettuce, with four green grapes on the side. It's delicious! At least the first two that I had.

The next week, I also bought two chicken salad sandwiches, and they were swimming in mayo! I mean actually swimming! The watery mayo had sloshed over the edge of their lettuce raft. Oh, I still ate them! Even though the green grapes had been left out of one container, and substituted by two purple grapes in the other.

THIS week, I again bought two chicken salad sandwiches. I've only eaten one so far, but it was the opposite of the last ones. DRY! Like some random chicken pieces stirred with diced celery and a few dill pickle particles. Not even enough mayo to stick them together! Barely enough to give them a white color. Goldilocks would've had a heyday if she was their secret shopper, or quality control technician.

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Four grapes on the side? Is that in case somebody would not want the grapes incorporated into their chicken salad?

Me? I love grapes in my chicken salad. Pecans, too. Perhaps you should make a suggestion they add pecans to the chicken salad...

River said...

Four White Castle burgers? FOUR? I know they're small, but still, that seems a lot when the fries/onion rings are added.
Your chicken sandwiches sound terrible, apart from the first two perfect ones.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I love the grapes in an ARBY's chicken salad sandwich. I don't remember if they have pecans or not. I haven't seen the pinwheel/chicken salad making lady lately. I'm thinking someone else took over, because they WERE so good!

***
River,
Yes, FOUR. FYI, you can get 18 White Castle burgers from 1 POUND of hamburger. So four burgers is less than a quarter-pounder from McDonald's. I hope Farmer H never reads this! He might become MANOREXIC upon being food-shamed! Here's an article on the White Castle history, with pictures of the burgers:

https://www.mashed.com/102893/dont-know-white-castles-famous-sliders/

I'm putting in a picture of the chicken sandwiches tomorrow...

Sioux Roslawski said...

There ARE crockpot White Castle recipes. I've had some before. They're tasty.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
That is intriguing. It makes sense, because the burgers are STEAMED on top of the onions. And a crockpot should be good at steaming. Just like a crackpot is good at scheming!