Tuesday, August 24, 2021

A Not-So-Subtle Message For Mrs. HM

What in the NOT-HEAVEN???

Monday, I had an errand over in Sis-Town, and stopped by Burger King on the way home. Farmer H and The Pony had that leftover sink spaghetti for their supper, so I didn't have to prepare anything. Of course nothing is ever as simple as Mrs. HM assumes...

"I'd like the Whopper combo without cheese. No lettuce. Make it a large combo, with a Diet Coke, no ice."

"I'm sorry. We're out of large cups. Is a medium soda okay?"

"Well, I want the large fries."

"I'll give you large fries."

"Will I have to pay the same amount as a large combo?"

"No. I can charge you for a medium combo."

"Okay. A medium Diet Coke with no ice will be fine."

I pulled around to pay at the second window. I guess they can't keep enough help to staff the pay window AND the pick-up window. So now they take your money at the pick-up window. It was the little lady who is always nice to me.

"I'm really going to miss my large Diet Coke!"

"Oh, I know! Aren't those large sodas good?"

"Uh huh. I drink mine all afternoon and evening."

She handed me my bag of food, which was already sitting on the counter, and then my tiny little medium soda in a cardboard cup that might have held 32 oz. I knew I'd have to top it off with a week-old half-bottle of Diet Coke from the bottom shelf of FRIG II, when I poured it into my regular 44 oz double-cups that I save for BK days. Off I went, cranky about my lack of elixir, but happy I still had a Whopper and fries as usual. When I got home and took them out of the bag, I was shocked!

Here's a picture when I got down to my lair:

 
BK was giving me the finger! The BAD finger! I swear, that's how my fries came out of the bag. No manipulation on my part. The longest fry was positioned like it was flipping me off! I can't blame the old lady who's always so nice to me. All she does is hand the food out the window. After taking payment. Somebody else cooks it. Another person bags it.

I guess they took offense to me expecting to get what I pay for. Or else it was a total coincidence...

8 comments:

River said...

Total conincidence.
Absolutely a total coincidence. They do look crisp and yummy.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I DID get a good portion, and they were quite delicious. Just the right amount of salt. Crispy, not limp. The only thing that would have made them better was if I warmed them in the oven first. However, by the time I hobble down those 13 rail-less basement stairs to my lair, they have cooled off anyway! I sure miss The Pony toting my food for me!

Sioux Roslawski said...

I don't agree. I think it was no coincidence. I think those BK workers are frustrated sculptors and artisans. Frying and broiling and salting and bagging fast food isn't satisfying enough. To find some job satisfaction, they must create visionary pieces. Pieces that speak to them... and to their customers.

That bag of fries was speaking to you. Accept it.

By the way, I know you're jealous. It was "Curriculm Night" last night. A 13-hour day. Color you green...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

They probably wouldn't have the time to position the fries, but you never know!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
They need more artistic artists in the shake department, since last time I got one, they didn't even try to give the appearance of mixing the chocolate into the ice cream. I guess maybe it was a modern art kind of thing.

If only I had known in real time, I could have spent the night fretting at this missed experience, yearning to be there. NOT!

***
Kathy,
I believe they would make time for spite!

We got the emu egg yesterday! Thank you so much! I might do a blog tale about it, if I can find where Farmer H hid it, and get a picture.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I am happy to hear it was not lost somewhere in a Missouri post office!!!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I know! I was surprised to see the key in EmBee for the lock boxes next to Mailbox Row. When I found the little package, I knew right away what it was. I told Farmer H there was a package for him to open, and he was excited. I asked if he knew who it was from when he saw the egg. He said, "From you. It has your name in it." He saw the note, but didn't read it, since reading is not something he does voluntarily!

Heh, heh! AS IF I would buy him a random gift for no reason!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I'm thinking about putting it on my other blog, maybe Thursday next week.